Midweek Football 14/16 December

andykeenan

Seems refs have forgot that they were not going to give freek kicks and pens for the slightest of touches. The Premier League was much better for it in the first few weeks. Seems to have just reverted to previous standards.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think Arsenal could well get 4th this year. White and Ramsdale have sorted out their defence and they are good going forward. 

United much stronger squad. 

Be surprised if it isn't the standard top 4 again. 

Agree with those saying it was a soft penalty but West Ham (as usual) have been taking risks all over the field, sliding into every challenge, even Antonio going in very high off the ground in the 50/50 with Ramsdale. Dawson and Soucek being big shithouses as usual

Eventually if you take enough chances you'll get a pen and/or a red card, and IMO they deserved it.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Love Smith-Rowe. Closest thing to Jack Grealish in this world. Except he can shoot. Really wish we weren't so half-assed with our pursuit of him.

We never had a chance, we were being played during his contract renegotiation. 

• Like 3

Just now, LondonLax said:

We never had a chance, we were being played during his contract renegotiation. 

I think we thought Jack was staying and weren't 100% serious. Just incrementing our bids by 5 million. If we knew a 100m windfall was coming in I'm sure we'd have turned the screw.

Just now, Keyblade said:

I think we thought Jack was staying and weren't 100% serious. Just incrementing our bids by 5 million. If we knew a 100m windfall was coming in I'm sure we'd have turned the screw.

Probably. But there was no way for us to know at that point. Just poor timing really.

• Like 1

Â