Midweek Football 14/16 December

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just got MOTM - must be on the strength of the goal - cos he's done feck all before that.

1 goal rifled in from 30 yards.3 key passes. 11 crosses. 80+ passes. 3 interceptions and an astounding 8.38 match rating.

People really do have it in for this guy don't they.

Edited by rodders0223

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

1 goal rifled in from 30 yards.3 key passes. 11 crosses. 80+ passes. 3 interceptions and an astounding 8.38 match rating.

People really do have it in for this guy don't they.

Ok - I stand corrected. Watching the game on a none stats basis - I didn't really think he did enough to justify his best FB in the world tag ,(the goal excepted)

Biase creeping in - but for example I though Matty Cash put in a better performance V Norwich.

Edited by hippo

On the Liverpool goal when Newcastle players were down holding their heads. It’s become a tactic to go up for a challenge and go down holding the head. It is expected that the ref will stop the game, and it probably should have been. But Mike Dean was the ref so anything goes! 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks to SG I think there are only 3 better teams than us right now, if we can keep it up 4th is a dream that might be achievable🤞

Now you’ve gone and doomed us to lose against Burnley!!  🤦‍♂️😆

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks to SG I think there are only 3 better teams than us right now, if we can keep it up 4th is a dream that might be achievable🤞

We should have gone all out and paid whatever necessary to get Klopp or Pep, we would probably be looking at winning the PL this season if we had 😀

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Watch him every now and again and he looks useful but his output over any length of time is pretty poor. He’s a slightly more skillful, slightly slower Adama Traore.

Not at all - the thing that brings him down is his 'greed' in certain situations (though I think a lot of that is down to who he plays with :D) but he scores more, creates more, passes more and is just a much, much better player than Adama Traore.

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Not at all - the thing that brings him down is his 'greed' in certain situations (though I think a lot of that is down to who he plays with :D) but he scores more, creates more, passes more and is just a much, much better player than Adama Traore.

Last Season:

ASM - 25 apps (6 as sub,) 3 Goals, 4 Assists, Big chances created 6

AT - 37 apps (9 as sub,) 2 Goals, 2 Assists, Big chances created 6

Much, much better?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Last Season:

ASM - 25 apps (6 as sub,) 3 Goals, 4 Assists, Big chances created 6

AT - 37 apps (9 as sub,) 2 Goals, 2 Assists, Big chances created 6

Much, much better?

Saint-Maximin played 60% of the minutes available compared to Traore, in a worse team, and still created the same number of "Big chances" whilst having 7 direct goal involvements compared to 4.  This season Saint-Maximin has scored 3 and assisted 3, still in a worse team, whilst Traore has scored 0 and assisted 0.

Much, much better.

Edit:  And that's only the statistics.  Anyone who watches both of them play would see that Saint-Maximin is a better player.  He's a proper game changer.  Newcastle would be utterly shafted without him.  If you replaced him with Traore, they would be a much worse side.  It genuinely just isn't even close between those two.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2021 at 21:48, foreveryoung said:

Missed it who scored that.

KDB's 2nd yesterday. Even if the goal keeper got on it, I think he would have been in the back of the goal with the ball.😲

Trent Alexander -Arnold with a rocket of a strike.

Â