V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

10 hours ago, wishywashy said:

All that fuss about UEFA rules because we were playing in the same European competition... Vitoria, the buggers, have only gone and gotten eliminated in the 2nd qualifying stage on penalties... by a club from some Slovenian town...

Are you **** serious? What a shitshow

I expect sawiris may rebuy his shares back

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 07:41, Rds1983 said:

I can wrap my head around not letting us transfer players whilst in the same competition, although I'd challenge consistency on the teams like the Red Bull ones.

What I don't understand is why we can't share scouting information? I'm guessing they think it might help with knowing more on opponents but feel that's a stretch.

I believe it is to "prevent" Vitoria from buying players that we have identified but deemed not ready for Aston Villa yet.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you **** serious? What a shitshow

I expect sawiris may rebuy his shares back

I assume the rule was set for the entire season to stop this happening.

If they'd said  "until they get kicked out" it gives some incentive for them not to try as hard as they might. Set the rule for the season then you eliminate any impact on the sporting element of the competition. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant our owners increase their shares again now considering vitoria are out?

No they can't have any influence over Vitoria and no transfers directly or indirectly until September 2024. Presumably with the partnership with Zed FC, the plan was possibly to bring some of their youth to Villa and then send them to Vitoria. That now can't be done and players from Zed FC will have to move directly to Villa or Vitoria.

For this to work in the long term one of the two clubs will have to miss out on Europe on a consistent basis.

2 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

No they can't have any influence over Vitoria and no transfers directly or indirectly until September 2024. Presumably with the partnership with Zed FC, the plan was possibly to bring some of their youth to Villa and then send them to Vitoria. That now can't be done and players from Zed FC will have to move directly to Villa or Vitoria.

For this to work in the long term one of the two clubs will have to miss out on Europe on a consistent basis.

Thanks. Just seems ridiculous when chelsea city and Newcastle are doing it

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks. Just seems ridiculous when chelsea city and Newcastle are doing it

Brighton and Brentford could do it because they weren't in Europe when Saint Gillious and Midtjland were (both definitely spelled wrong).

The ones you mention could do it because the other clubs they own weren't in Europe, or the same competition. Girona were a 2nd Division Spanish side, then there's Melbourne, Mumbai and New York that are all obviously outside Europe. 

The rules only apply to us and Brighton currently because we're the only clubs breaking them. I imagine the chance of either club getting into Europe was slim but both managed it and now they have to navigate round that. I don't think it will have done too much damage in the short term to plans. 

Hopefully with our purchase of an Egyptian Club we continue to look into those kind of regions where others haven't stepped up interest. I think maybe a Columbian, Uruguayan or Chilean team would make sense. Just go full on "where you do send FM scouts" mode. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Vitoria are set to appoint their third coach this season after firing the second guy this evening.

Despite all that, they still sit 7th in the league this season.

They've appointed him with a Peaky Blinders style announcement...

10 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Not entirely.  If we qualify for the champions league then vitoria can qualify for the Europa or conference and we'd be fine owning and transferring to them. 

It works for man city because the clubs they own don't get close to qualifying for the champions league. 

14 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Not entirely.  If we qualify for the champions league then vitoria can qualify for the Europa or conference and we'd be fine owning and transferring to them. 

It works for man city because the clubs they own don't get close to qualifying for the champions league. 

Then again if we are both chasing Champions League spots do we tell Vitoria to take a dive and even if we didnt we can be accused of fixing

Its best we are out of this rotten situation

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Then again if we are both chasing Champions League spots do we tell Vitoria to take a dive and even if we didnt we can be accused of fixing

Just buy clubs in the USA, Middle East, Japan, Australia, various parts of Africa, South America, etc. Thats partly how Man City get round the multi ownership issues.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Just buy clubs in the USA, Middle East, Japan, Australia, various parts of Africa, South America, etc. Thats partly how Man City get round the multi ownership issues.

The advantage of it being a club in a certain EU league is that they'd generate more points for the player that goes there, potentially enabling a work permit to be granted where going elsewhere wouldn't.  They still own clubs in europe as well.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, until it is outlawed and other clubs don't benefit from it,  it's one of very few "level playing field" options we have if we want to compete with them. If we abandon this, then combined with our reduced sponsorship we cannot realistically compete.

Edited by MrBlack

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

we really are going with the V aren't we?

Who will be next? 

Veracruz in Mexico?

Viking or Valarenga in Norway?

Viktoria Plzen in Czechia?

Viborg in Denmark? 

Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS?

the link to the Japanese league is very exciting though! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Â