Villa FA Cup Draw 3rd Rd

andykeenan

12 hours ago, Kingman said:

Inevitable it will be picked for TV, Just Please don't be a Sunday Stupid 'o clock kick off!

for the 3rd round, dont they tend to show the smaller teams vs the bigger teams? the whole magic of the cup? rather than an all PL clash played between two potentially heavily rotated teams. some potential ones:

charlton v norwich

chelsea v chesterfield

liverpool v shrewsbury

millwall v palace

newcastle v cambridge

port vale v brentford

spurs v morecambe

swindon v city (100% on TV)

yeovil v bournemouth

Edited by tomav84

27 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It will probably be the Saturday tea time kick off I presume on the BBC with Gary bloody Lineker and Dion Dublin. The content will be 70% Manchester United 20% Steven Gerrard and 10% Villa.

You think Villa will get 10%!  Super optimistic.  1% might be more like it 😛

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

for the 3rd round, dont they tend to show the smaller teams vs the bigger teams? the whole magic of the cup? rather than an all PL clash played between two potentially heavily rotated teams. some potential ones:

I dont think so.IMHO the TV seeme to think that EVERYONE wants to watch ManUre.

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

charlton v norwich

chelsea v chesterfield

liverpool v shrewsbury

millwall v palace

newcastle v cambridge

port vale v brentford

spurs v morecambe

swindon v city (100% on TV)

yeovil v bournemouth

I hope they choose Kiddy Harriers vs Reading! Just for the financial reward for The Harriers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They will probably rotate for this one so I reckon we’ve good a good chance of at least a draw.

When the hopefully we pick our strongest team.  Its been too long since we last won a trophy. It cant be all about finishing mid table in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

When the hopefully we pick our strongest team.  Its been too long since we last won a trophy. It cant be all about finishing mid table in the Premier League. 

i think it depends on our xmas results. if we have a chance of europe then i can see us rotating. lose ground and end up on course for 11th/12th then we might go for it

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Jag think it depends on our xmas results. if we have a chance of europe then i can see us rotating. lose ground and end up on course for 11th/12th then we might go for it

I think the only way we dont play our strongest team is if we are in a relegation battle 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I think the only way we dont play our strongest team is if we are in a relegation battle 

I agree. In the Gerrard interview with Carragher that was shown before the Leicester match he said he wanted European football and to win a (FA) cup in the future, add to that we are playing a team he would love to get the better of then I think it's a given we will go as full strength as possible.

So maybe not the ideal draw in terms of progressing (I still think we have a good chance) but I think it is a tie that will definitely appeal to our fan base, with a decent allocation and no doubt a loud travelling army - I think this will definitely be picked for TV viewing.

It is not as daunting as it would have been in previous seasons and the players can take lots of confidence from the result at OT earlier this season - I think it could be a classic! which we will win :) 

Bound to be live on tv. This year there's been oodles of games each round. with some shown on BBC and many on ITV4!

Plenty of opportunity to mix the 'all premier' tie with the games involving the underdogs. (though many of the underdogs are away which reduces attractiveness for tv)