Villa FA Cup Draw 3rd Rd

andykeenan

So predictable yet again, if we are going to win it then we are going to have to do it the hard way. At home would have been tough enough at this stage of the competition, but away from home makes it even more so. We can get through, but there were a lot of far easier ties to have been had. After all despite the number of times that we have been drawn against them in this competition, we still have not knocked them out of it since 1957, it is high time that we did so! The draw just has to be a fiddle. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

So predictable yet again, if we are going to win it then we are going to have to do it the hard way. At home would have been tough enough at this stage of the competition, but away from home makes it even more so. We can get through, but there were a lot of far easier ties to have been had. After all despite the number of times that we have been drawn against them in this competition, we still have not knocked them out of it since 1957, it is high time that we did so! The draw just has to be a fiddle. :rolleyes: 

We seem to be paying for knocking out their goalkeeper and beating the busby babes. 

• Like 1

It’s noticeable that after a gruelling Christmas schedule, we play Brentford on Sunday 2 January at 14:00, whereas United play Wolves on Monday 3 January at 17:30. Could the extra rest be significant?

It’s a crap draw considering but they won’t fancy playing us either I suspect.

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s noticeable that after a gruelling Christmas schedule, we play Brentford on Sunday 2 January at 14:00, whereas United play Wolves on Monday 3 January at 17:30. Could the extra rest be significant?

It’s a crap draw considering but they won’t fancy playing us either I suspect.

Hopefully Friday Evening then 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PaulC said:

We seem to be paying for knocking out their goalkeeper and beating the busby babes. 

That is exactly what I have been thinking over the years. Funny enough the referee didn't have a problem with it back then, it was considered part of the game to challenge the keeper (who expected forwards to do so) and there wasn't any VAR to rescue the whinging Reds, who have had a problem with it ever since. I really do hope that we can win this trophy again with our one surviving member of the 1957 team, our match winner Peter, still being there to cheer us on. 

6 minutes ago, John said:

That is exactly what I have been thinking over the years. Funny enough the referee didn't have a problem with it back then, it was considered part of the game to challenge the keeper (who expected forwards to do so) and there wasn't any VAR to rescue the whinging Reds, who have had a problem with it ever since. I really do hope that we can win this trophy again with our one surviving member of the 1957 team, our match winner Peter, still being there to cheer us on. 

Yes 87 now so lets do it for him this season. 

• Like 1