Pre-match thread

ender4

We’re all realistic enough to expect nothing from this fixture. The game at their place last season was the best we’ve done against them in a long time. Thats how i gauge this fixture now, just by how much of a game we can give them.

Their fanbase despise us (feelings mutual lads) and think we should just surrender our top players to them because they are so high and mighty. Yes well done, you cheated football and brought the best of everything. Its such a great footballing fairytale story. Scruffy manc c*nts.

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Such a defeatist mentality from some on here. If your going tonight, turn the ground into a caldron, slaughter city and their dirty shithole of a club and roar the lions on. And no draw, lets win it!!! 

I like this attitude. Consider my pessimism depessimised!

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

4-0 loss and a big reality check after some decent results lately. 

Better teams than ours have been humped by 4 or more by City, they are one of the strongest club sides in the world we are not even one of the strongest in our country, that’s the reality no need to check it later. A loss is very likely but not a given, the beauty of football.

I think we are going to win this game! Mcginn and Ramsey with goals 2-1 to Villa with a nervy finish, Grealish to go down in the box and Emi to save penalty. Emi then does his dance a la Fernandes miss to Grealish's face!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

I think we are going to win this game! Mcginn and Ramsey with goals 2-1 to Villa with a nervy finish, Grealish to go down in the box and Emi to save penalty. Emi then does his dance a la Fernandes miss to Grealish's face!

I'd pay £55 for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just looked at the city team that’s probably going to be playing. If we are ever going to beat them tonight is the night . 8/1, think I’m going to have some of that. 

Pretty hilarious reaction it seems to be getting from their fans. It's still twice as good as any other PL club's bare bones 'emergency' team and better than 17 first teams.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Pretty hilarious reaction it seems to be getting from their fans. It's still twice as good as any other PL club's bare bones 'emergency' team and better than 17 first teams.

Perhaps we can hope that as a second string they may not quite be match sharp, despite their undoubted talent?

Think we need to be right at them and be aggressive from the off. Let's test their resolve. 

Just saw a stat that no villa manager has ever won their first three games. That can't be right surely? 

Also on a stats front...

"Manchester City have won their last 15 Premier League games played on a Wednesday, scoring 36 goals and conceding just six."

Well....shit. 

Edited by HKP90

This is the "leaked" City team from their forum:

Ederson 
Cancelo    Dias    Ake     Zinchenko
  Fernandinho Rodri Bernardo 
   Mahrez      Jesus       Sterling

It's still a ridiculously good side on paper. 

As in all matches against this lot, I just want us to perform as well as we can (on & off the ball), no stupid mistakes that cost us a goal (let them earn it) and basically, not get battered!

Oh and not being p***** off with the ref or VAR would be nice too!

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Just saw a stat that no villa manager has ever won their first three games. That can't be right surely? 

I had a look earlier in the week and as far as I can tell that’s correct.

Eric Houghton & John Gregory were the closest to this, both great starts, but not three wins from their first three games.

• Thanks 1