Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Does anybody wonder if some of the causes of Gerrard’s failure are things that are imperceptible to the public, and even the media, as of now? I guess I wonder if there is some dynamic or set of dynamics on the training ground that have not yet come to the light of day, and may never do. 

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“kissed and made up”

May well be Preece playing up to the idea it was in any way aggressive. But the phrasing could equally be interpreted that the original exchange was a bit shirty.

All we need now is Preece to confirm that Gerrard won’t be sacked anytime soon.

• Like 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Does anybody wonder if some of the causes of Gerrard’s failure are things that are imperceptible to the public, and even the media, as of now? I guess I wonder if there is some dynamic or set of dynamics on the training ground that have not yet come to the light of day, and may never do. 

No he's just a terrible manager and completely clueless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

There are a bazillion things we are not privy to on may levels, not just the training ground. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“kissed and made up”

May well be Preece playing up to the idea it was in any way aggressive. But the phrasing could equally be interpreted that the original exchange was a bit shirty.

Much more of him. I'll believe it when I see it. Five minute cameo is my bet.

• Like 1

I'm now under the impression that Gerrard is going nowhere soon. The lack of real stories about approaching managers, his general attitude and him saying he feels he has their support, added to the fact Purslow has a soft spot for him and we're not in relegation zone means he stays for a few months at least.

Not until we're three or six points adrift will they consider his position I reckon. The general crowd are still a few games away from that yet (only pockets of boos) and the World Cup is coming. 

Depressing.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Looking at Bournemouth, it's amazing what a new manger can do, although they have better players yeah?😂

Bournemouth caretaker manager has more points this season than we do

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I just watched his 15 min presser.  

I haven’t watched one for months because I don’t feel like I gain anything from it, he’s good at them and I could write the answers he’s going to give before he even says because it’s professional sound bites.  

I thought there maybe slightly tougher questions although I wasn’t expecting any and surprise surprise they were non-offensive questions.  

If you weren’t a Villa fan and seen the results and performances over time you’d feel sorry for him because he gives off that impression.  

Obviously I know different and it’s just rubbish most of what he’s saying but I didn’t expect him to say anything different.  

Waste of 15 mins of my life.

Thank you for your service because no way am I watching that rubbish. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What kind of thing do you mean?  

I doubt it, sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one - in this case it’s that Gerrard just isn’t a good manager.

23 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Yeah but you have to consider the new caretaker bounce 

Gerrard actually mentioned the new manager type bounce for Potter in his presser thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Like what?  He’s the man completely in charge on the training ground.  If the dynamics aren’t working then it’s his responsibility to fix them.  You think of any type of issue…..then when you think about it it’s in his control.  I can’t think of anything that isn’t.

16 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Southampton win and we’re down to 17th level with Wolves in 18th.

2 teams who finished above us last season and a team that we just drew with separating us from the bottom of the table.

Yeah but if we win the next 2 we're in touching distance of 6th don't forget 🤥

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Yeah but if we win the next 2 we're in touching distance of 6th don't forget 🤥

Yeah, media and ex players saying nothing to worry about, cause next 2 games are more than winnable for Gerrard. Have they even watched us, we couldn't get past Nott's 😄, sorry Nottingham Forest never mind the mighty Fulham.

• Like 1

Â