Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Feels like we are going to flip flop between putting in a good performance and not winning, and putting in a poor performance and not losing.

Both of which Gerrard's media mates will use as reasoning for us not sacking him.

Then when we do get relegated with him in charge they can just blame the players.

Wish I could get paid £6m / year to not have a clue how to do my job.

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Surprised there wasn't more booing at full time. If VP rang out the owners and CP would have to address the situation. 

For the average fan, it doesn’t look that bad. Lately we have been picking up points, the performance against Chelsea wasn’t that bad, and Sky/BBC is telling them that everything is fine.

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Don't worry, it's a matter of time. Season is more or less done - the aim now has to be 40-45points with a new manager.

Might also explain the transfer window. Can’t be trusted. Just before or during the World Cup, I don’t expect him to be here stinking the place up. 

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The decision will be made to fit in with the World Cup break. SG will get the 5 remaining games.

He's dug a massive hole already for the next manager to get us out of.

Giving him extra time to carry on digging would be a massive mistake but i wouldn't put anything past Purslow at this point.

No decent manager is going to want to come here when the majority of the season has already been played and were already dead and buried.

Edited by AshVilla

15 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Don't worry, it's a matter of time. Season is more or less done - the aim now has to be 40-45points with a new manager.

The way were playing I think us getting 40 - 45 points is extremely optimistic at this point.

Staying in the division should be the priority and anything else would be a bonus.

• Like 1

Just now, Jbvilla909 said:

We're any cabbages thrown yesterday? If not, that's probably why he's still in the job.  

i think a more striking thing to do, would be for someone to print out thousands of pictures of a cabbage, then everyone at the end of a game hold up the cabbage pictures, creating a sea of cabbages, or maybe a huge holt end sized cabbage......

I see Neville and Murphy defending Gerrard again saying he needs time. Completely ignoring the stats during his time here.

Blaming the players for their performances im okay with but after this much time they should be questioning who has improved under him.

Dean Saunders blaming the players and calling out Coutinho, one man has been picking him for 20+ games with him looking like a shadow of a shadow of the player.

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I see Neville and Murphy defending Gerrard again saying he needs time. Completely ignoring the stats during his time here.

Blaming the players for their performances im okay with but after this much time they should be questioning who has improved under him.

Dean Saunders blaming the players and calling out Coutinho, one man has been picking him for 20+ games with him looking like a shadow of a shadow of the player.

The thing is while they are paid well for their opinions they probably don't watch most of our games, just the ones on Sky, so even if they did put their feelings about their mate to one side, they don't actually have a clue about what we have had to sit through.

Â