Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I think we are close to getting the boo boys and banners out. If Purslow don't sack him after Chelsea, we are gonna have to show the owners how much we want him out, harsh I agree, but I'm sure Gerrard will be able to pay the bills still with his multi million pound pay off, so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

18 minutes ago, Villarcana said:

I think we are at banner stage, the board need to see that we dislike him, not his football, not the fact we have 9 points from 9 games, actually him, the destroyer of football club souls. 

I don't care if we are shlt but I care when I start disliking watching my club and feeling like the manager and fans aren't together. What is he doing here, imagine the buzz around Villa park if Poch or emery or someone else came in, a shining bit of hope. 

This has gotten to silly levels already. Even if he wins the next 10 he's still a disrespectful knob.

What has he done that is disrespectful? (serious question ...) 

I know he made the Mings captain call, which I guess you could call disrespectful to Mings, but what else? 

I think the football he is producing is utter crap but I'm kind of missing why people are taking such a strong dislike to him as a person. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, handsworthvilla said:

What has he done that is disrespectful? (serious question ...) 

I know he made the Mings captain call, which I guess you could call disrespectful to Mings, but what else? 

I think the football he is producing is utter crap but I'm kind of missing why people are taking such a strong dislike to him as a person. 

Regularly throws the squad under the bus during post-match but gleefully runs over to his mates during the rare wins to bask in the interview.

All of it just stinks. And while some of it may be exaggerated because of the desultory performance on the pitch, every little bit is magnified at this point.

Not to mention the countless times he doesn't even bother acknowledging the away fans for traveling to watch another dire performance.

Will undoubtedly move on to bigger and better things like the England job once Villa get rid where he can play his media part and hide behind "pragmatic" football for internationals.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Regularly throws the squad under the bus during post-match but gleefully runs over to his mates during the rare wins to bask in the interview.

All of it just stinks. And while some of it may be exaggerated because of the desultory performance on the pitch, every little bit is magnified at this point.

Not to mention the countless times he doesn't even bother acknowledging the away fans for traveling to watch another dire performance.

Will undoubtedly move on to bigger and better things like the England job once Villa get rid where he can play his media part and hide behind "pragmatic" football for internationals.

He'd be the perfect replacement for Southgate. Would be a completely smooth transition as if nothing had changed. 

So it's gonna take an extreme event for Purslow to do to Slippy G, what he did with complete ease to Dean Smith, the best manager we'd had in over a decade.

Fine. I hope Chelsea absolutely batter us.

Short term pain for long term gain.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

36 league games for Gerrard, almost a full seasons worth. A total of 44 points taken.

And a clear regression over his short time here. 

The home fans just need to turn on Sunday once the result is confirmed and leave the board in no doubt that enough is enough. It's no good having everyone come on forums and social media crying about the situation unless there is a collective effort to change the situation. All silence does is afford more excuses, not just from Gerrard but the board. They need to be made aware that with the rising costs of going to watch the team, on top of the rising costs in just about every walk of life, that shit is unacceptable, or at least perpetual shit is. 

• Like 2

I’ll be surprised if they sack him now. I think after Fulham/Brentford is a possibility. Let’s face it though, we’ve seen no progress on the pitch at all, and we’ve gone backwards this season. As knee jerk as it felt at the time, I was all for sacking him after Bournemouth. 

We were having major problems with Beale here, but since he has left we seem to have given up playing any football whatsoever. Gerrard seem to not have any idea what to do with any of our players. Throwing on all the strikers last night was right out of the Bruce/Lambert playbook. 

Edited by Hanky

Â