Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

I got up this morning and immediately put sky sports news on, I was certain there would be an announcement before 10am. 

I'm losing faith in the board now. 

You honestly believe Purslow is gonna sack his mate? 

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

The amount of times we was in good positions last night, and the final choice/pass was poor. 

Watkins shouldn't be offside, Ramsey should shoot across the goalie, McGinn and Archer should do better. Thats not including the amount of times the ball is wide and the cross fails to beat the 1st defender.n't taken the max points we should

What Gerrard is saying imho is some of the players aren't good enough to take us up the table. 

McGinn, Ings, Bailey, Watkins are not top 10 players, Buendia, PC, and Ramsey maybe. Replace Watkins and Bailey with better players, who have better touch, make better runs, and are better players and Ramsey, PC, and Emi become better players as well.

Kamara has probably been the best signing in 10 to 15 years, because he is exactly the kind of player we needed, we have a ready made replacement in Tim, we need better players around him. I'm not sure that is Gerrards fault. I understand the temptation to buy Sarr, but maybe SG thought that he was not the right player to take us forward, and I think his signings have been very good so far.

We have shown in the last few games that we are much better than Leeds, Forest, and Southampton , but our limitations up front means we have taken the maximun levels we should.

I know its an unpopular view, but i would give him until the summer, allow him to buy a couple in Jan, and then if hes still here , improve the squad in the summer.

I watched the last 2 games, and i didn't see tactical naivety in our play, jus bad decision making.

I think Jack hid a lot of our problems. He was probably worth about 10 to 15 points a season

I would love to think we have the luxury of giving him until the summer but as each game goes by with no improvement we look increasingly like relegation candidates and he's not the manager for that sort of pressure, he would probably completely collapse and throw the players under the bus, if he already hasn't.. 

7 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

The amount of times we was in good positions last night, and the final choice/pass was poor. 

Watkins shouldn't be offside, Ramsey should shoot across the goalie, McGinn and Archer should do better. Thats not including the amount of times the ball is wide and the cross fails to beat the 1st defender.n't taken the max points we should

What Gerrard is saying imho is some of the players aren't good enough to take us up the table. 

McGinn, Ings, Bailey, Watkins are not top 10 players, Buendia, PC, and Ramsey maybe. Replace Watkins and Bailey with better players, who have better touch, make better runs, and are better players and Ramsey, PC, and Emi become better players as well.

Kamara has probably been the best signing in 10 to 15 years, because he is exactly the kind of player we needed, we have a ready made replacement in Tim, we need better players around him. I'm not sure that is Gerrards fault. I understand the temptation to buy Sarr, but maybe SG thought that he was not the right player to take us forward, and I think his signings have been very good so far.

We have shown in the last few games that we are much better than Leeds, Forest, and Southampton , but our limitations up front means we have taken the maximun levels we should.

I know its an unpopular view, but i would give him until the summer, allow him to buy a couple in Jan, and then if hes still here , improve the squad in the summer.

I watched the last 2 games, and i didn't see tactical naivety in our play, jus bad decision making.

I think Jack hid a lot of our problems. He was probably worth about 10 to 15 points a season

It is Gerrad's fault for continuously picking them though.

How many players of Brighton, Bournemouth and Fulham are "top 10" players? Yet they are all above us in the league. 

Weather the players you mentioned are good enough for top 10 or not is debatable, they should be good enough however to beat Forest.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think there's a single team that play worse football than us. 

We haven't put in a remotely exciting performance all season other than maybe Everton and we nearly chucked that away. 

yep, in terms of brand of football we are **** dreadful

kick and rush, dirty, ugly football

we just need to get good at set pieces to go full pulis

might get us enough points to be safe or even mid table but no one wants it, its got to the stage where even if we'd beaten leeds or won last night its still a painful watch

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Think there's probably too many reasons right now why he wouldn't go. In spite of opposition, unbeaten and 6 points from last 4, given the start we had and with squad issues, is an improvement on the start we had and will be enough to save him for now. It's also going to depend a lot on the cost of making a change and who we've got lined up. I don't think it's Poch because I think a decision would have already been made if it was.

He'll still be here til at least Fulham, because Chelsea's a bit of a free hit unless they completely maul us, which I don't see happening because we are defensively solid and better on the back foot. 1 point from the next two and he'll have 10 points from 11, the same start as Smith last season, so will be incredibly hard to justify keeping him any longer.

17 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Can I ask, in the hope of learning/cheering myself up, did you see any tactical creativity?

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

That a player misses one chance is not the same they aren’t good enough. Even Haaland misses a few chances, but ManC provide him with enough service, that if he misses one, it wouldn’t take long before he get an other opportunity. Look at his first half performance against Southampton, he isn’t a bad player because of all those missed chances.

We lack a system going forward that provide our attacking players with multiple scoring opportunities during a game, it is normally one or two half chances, and if they don’t score that would be it. That creates a lot of pressure, that could be removed if we get a manager that can coach attacking formation that would provide us with more and better scoring opportunities.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

The thing is though, as those backing Gerrard have regularly pointed out, Villa  finished 9th last season from when he took over - with these players. So I’m not fully on board with the “it’s the players” argument.

Does Gerrard think he had them playing above themselves last season to achieve that? Because it didn’t really seem like it.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea have lost to Zagreb, Leeds and Southampton already this season.

It's not a free hit

He's not getting sacked after a narrow defeat to them. They are 4th in the table and clearly have a squad far beyond ours. A couple of off results under a previous manager doesn't change that.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's a Villa fan but not a Villa reporter I think, he posts about us but doesn't cover us

yes but he works for the telegraph i.e. with percy who is the only journo who gets any news out of villa

• Like 1

Â