Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I would respect Gerrard more if he went out playing his way actually going for it being brave. 

But he is playing this cowardly defensive style trying to save his skin. 

Just overall a very unlikable man. 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I think I need to step away from VT for a bit because I’m not sure I could cope if somebody comes on and defends Gerrard.  I know someone will but I don’t want to see it now….

You dont think an away point at Forest was a good result, they have only lost the last 5 games in a row

Needs another pre-season

• Haha 2

Just now, nick76 said:

I think I need to step away from VT for a bit because I’m not sure I could cope if somebody comes on and defends Gerrard.  I know someone will but I don’t want to see it now….

Hard to defend that tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

He's a young manager needs time, 4 game unbeaten run.

Erm.... Arteta!

:trollface:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So question for Purslow.

Is Gerrard bringing the continuous improvement? Yes he's had injuries. But so did Smith, and you fired him for less than this. 

No point in a nice shiny new stand when you are in the championship or actually have to cancel it as we've been relegated.

Take that £25m we had to spend on Sarr. Pay off this fraud to leave. Offer it to Pochettino in wages and bonuses, for 18 months work, to fix this mess. Review in 18 months.

Edited by Pissflaps

We've all seen some poor Villa sides over the years, and ones with much worse players than what we have currently.

Can anyone remember a side that created fewer clear cut chances than this one? Because I can't.

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Should have been sacked after Bournemouth.

We were shite at the end of the season, he had a pre-season, his signings and then that debacle.

Results have only got better because we just defend and barely create.

Literally, what is the point? It won't get better, so why are we not getting rid?

There was no way, absolutely none, that he was being sacked after Bournemouth. It'd have been a confession of a complete balls up by Purslow, and people in that position are rarely able to admit they got it wrong, in my experience.

The writing was on the wall at that point though. I wanted him gone from that game on, and there's been nothing since to make me reconsider for a moment. 

• Like 2

Â