Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

46 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

If the assumption is that last season was mostly Beale on the tactics/philosophy side, which seems a fair to some degree given all the talk before Gerrard arrived of how him and his team operated at Rangers (and tbf also some of what Gerrard said himself last season about the coaching structure), then why is there little mention of Critchley in posts like this? Because I assume he's come in to fulfill pretty much the same role as Beale, so I'd assume he'd be having a fair amount of input in the tactics/philosophy, rather than "nothing". Certainly there's been a few fairly clear tactical breaks from last season. Saying we at least had a style with Beale last season but now nothing and putting that on Gerrard, when presumably Gerrard's role and day-to-day input hasn't changed much doesn't seem right to me.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. We were shit. Critchley came in and we're still shit. It is what it is I suppose? I'd like them all gone to be honest.

44 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

If we lose and he isn't sacked, then it's time to question what the board are doing. Purslow obviously would be blamed first and foremost but our owners need to be ruthless if we lose tonight. 

He should definitely be sacked and can put Critchley as interim until a new coach is brought in at the World Cup break. 

I don't care if we win 5-1, he's had his chance, he isn't good enough. 

Basically a year on and we have regressed dramatically. I fail to see any positives in his style of coaching, same mistakes every week, changing the team every week - yet playing this useless formation - it's doing my head in. 

Please, for the love of God, just sack the idiot. 

Â