Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So he is burning his bridges to the local journalists and opposition managers now as well, bridges to the fans and to many of the players already been burnt. Not many more bridges left to burn now Steve, come on you can do it! (and get out please)

To be honest though some of the questions asked are utterly moronic 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For the love of Paul McGrath Podcast lads ( Neil and Paddy ) are fuming at him.

Said they're done with him.

I'm not one to normally get particularly partisan about Villa, especially when it comes to getting hung up on history being relevant in the current day.

It did strike a cord with me though when Neil was saying how dare he constantly speak down upon this squad/club though. This guy is utterly blessed to have this job and should be aware of such, literally every aspect of underperformance is at his door and it's not good enough to point blame at the players and rely on whatever coach he's brought in to solve it for him on every single occasion. I've wanted it to work but it's gotten pathetic.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

Regardless, journalists have a right to ask them.

Back in the day when people had some class, "No comment" was sufficient.

Now jumped-up little scummy clearings in the woods like Gerrard see it as an opportunity to do a spot of grandstanding and arrogant, passive-aggressive needling, don't they? It's weird and unprofessional for a manager representing the club to be giving answers like that.

• Like 2

I would be amazed if Gerrard gets sacked before the WC break. I think he will get until then to sort the mess out. If we are still doing so badly then, he will get sacked. It just worries me that the replacement will be another underwhelming appointment. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I would be amazed if Gerrard gets sacked before the WC break. I think he will get until then to sort the mess out. If we are still doing so badly then, he will get sacked. It just worries me that the replacement will be another underwhelming appointment. 

The pay deal we're offering is exceptional, just hope we offer it to someone worthy

Gerrard most definitely is not... 

Edited by Dale

1 minute ago, Dale said:

The pay deal we're offering is exceptional, just hope we offer it to someone worthy

No doubt SG is overpaid (if he was paid in relation to competence he wouldn’t earn much). But I don’t think his salary stands out in the league, 5m is a mid table salary these days.

Hasenhuttl and Rodgers are the real winners, plus Bielsa while he was here.

Someone posted in the match thread we were playing like Wimbledon from the 80’s/90’s and they were spot in with regard to the first half.  It was dire, punt forward and hope for the best constantly.  
No Martinez rolling it out anymore, it was hoof whenever possible.

I like to think our players are better than that, because they sure aren’t suited to that style of ‘play’. 

Time to leave Steve.  

He certainly won't be going anywhere in a hurry. We have discovered a new 'pragmatic' approach and haven't lost for three games, that's not a record that gets a manager the sack. Whether he should be sacked is a different question (I'm in favour FWIW) but it's pretty clear that Purslow has a lot invested in Gerrard and I think we'll be sticking with him until we're deep in the bottom 3. 

28 minutes ago, grobs said:

I don't think this was even that moronic and I dont think Preece is an elite journo. Vs 10 men and why not try Archer to grab a goal or even think about subbing him on

Â