Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well your girlfriend has been a bitch for months now, an you was just about to pack your bags and say goodbye.  But she has just cooked you breakfast and give you a peck on the cheek, so all is forgiven, it proves she is a good person, till next time....

But your gonna be let down, after all that time how can it possibly change just like that, believe me it won't.

And if she gives u a BJ next weekend? 😀

24 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Mings shows what an amateur, load of bullying nonsense the shit with him was.

I'd be reinstating the captaincy to him immediately, apologising and putting this nonsense behind of all of us.

The guy is just a leader there’s absolutely no doubting it. I’ve given him plenty of stick but the reality is that, for whatever reason, Villa need him. 

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Semi related, I recommend never breaking up with a girl right after sex. You may end up end up marrying her and you will never hear the last of it for 40 years.

I speak from experience.

My lady is in Sorrento tonight. She's gone on her own for a weeks holiday to a lovely hotel in one of the most beautiful places on earth, I wanted to go but couldn't because my legs can't deal with the hills these days and Sorrento and Positano are really hilly. She's my hero because she believes in herself and never lets anything beat her. She's been my lady since she was sixteen and that was 53 years ago.

Age does not diminish attraction, especially if your lady still looks like Sophia Loren (seriously) after all these years. Whatever happens with Gerrard, he's got a lovely family to support him going forward.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

Everyone still want him out?? Tactical masterclass today. They gave a glimpse of what we’re capable of with Stevie in charge. Get behind him. 

I think he just needs to prove in the next couple of games that he’s learnt his lesson really. This can’t just be a flash in the pan and we can’t just rely on semi decent results against the top teams. Weirdly we’re always been alright against the top 6 and then shit the bed in every other game. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, penguin said:

This is it for me. Don’t get me wrong, it was a great result and Gerrard deserves credit for how he set us up for the unique challenge today.

But this was a free hit, no one expected us to do anything but get hammered, the “underdog factor” with free licence to park the bus.

The Leicester game where we’ll be looking to pick up 3 points will show whether we revert to type or can use this as a springboard to kick start some decent performances. 

I agree with the points that you have made, other than I don't see this game was "a free hit". If we had been mid-table yes, but given the run that we are on and our league placing at kick-off, I think anything like the expected hammering, would have put the team under ever increasing pressure and SG at real risk of being out of job tonight. He now needs to show that he can get us performing like this in our next two games and four or more points from them, would show me that we do have the potential to turn this desperate situation around. 

14 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

Everyone still want him out?? Tactical masterclass today. They gave a glimpse of what we’re capable of with Stevie in charge. Get behind him. 

It's no good coming on here trying to rub it in people's faces off the back of one result. People have been losing faith over months due to performances and results. Today was very well done but it doesn't mean shite if we just go back to the form of late. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Back OT no I am not convinced Gerrard is the man after one game, but I cant criticise him today and he deserves praise. Its one game at a time for me. 

Where I'm at, at the same time, I ain't letting anyone kill my vibe today. lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hope he realises McGinn needs to be dropped until he’s back on form and goes with Dendonker for the next game alongside Luiz & Kamara. 

Double this. 

18 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

That you Stevie?

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Where is the latest Gerrard In or Out poll? 

It will be slightly more in Gerrard's favour due to today's excellent result.

Yet still heavily "Gerrard Out" due to the absolute shite of the last 10 months.

That's where it is.

I don't wanna take the credit away from Gerrard today, even though I think he should still go. But I wonder if he knows he was on his last legs so gave Critchley a throw of the dice? Seems completely different tactically to what Gerrard would have done today, especially with the early McGinn sub.

24 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

I understand that the bar have been lowered so low that it’s scraping the ground, but calling parking the bus as a tactical masterclass is maybe taking it too far.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Where I'm at, at the same time, I ain't letting anyone kill my vibe today. lol

Exactly, all he did was play Luiz and pack the midfield as a tactic against a side that was always going to have all the ball, it wasn't rocket science.

It will however have brought him the next two games for sure I think. Lets see if he has learnt the most obvious way to play better yet 🙄

It’s a shame in many ways we have Gerrard now and not a few more years down the line in his managerial career. He’s still learning on the job which especially in the Prem and having come from Scotland where tbf the pressure isn’t close bar The Old Firm, leaves little room for error.  At least Lampard had a season in the championship and 18 months at Chelsea before the Everton Job.

I do hope he learns a lot from this week and today and turns things around. Yes I’d rather have Poch but I also want a successful Steven Gerrard as our manager … just don’t have much faith presently. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't wanna take the credit away from Gerrard today, even though I think he should still go. But I wonder if he knows he was on his last legs so gave Critchley a throw of the dice? Seems completely different tactically to what Gerrard would have done today, especially with the early McGinn sub.

I like Critchley, he was on the touch line loads today with piece of paper in hand, dishing out the orders. All the coaches had a little cuddle at the final whistle.

Also, this might have been mentioned else where but shortly after we scored, Mings had a word in Martinez ear who suddenly dropped to the floor and requested physio. Whilst he was getting ‘treated’, all the players went to the coaches and had a big pep talk presumably to focus not to concede immediately again. A lot of work had clearly gone into today. Fair play to them.

• Like 2

Â