Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

See that's his problem and this is why it'll never improve. He thinks this is just an unlucky blip. He thinks this shit is the Care Bears and if you just believe hard enough it'll work. It's not that his approach is fundamentally flawed or anything.

"Won't make drastic changes to what he believes in" = keeps doing the same thing over and over even when it keeps failing

I seem to recall that some white-haired physicist chap didn't say something about that sort of thing once.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

"There are always people who point fingers in this situation but that won't stop me backing myself and believing what I believe in. I won't make drastic changes to what I believe in. This team has shown it is capable. We believe we can get through it and make it turn."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12688193/steven-gerrard-exclusive-interview-aston-villa-boss-on-erling-haaland-losing-diego-carlos-and-how-he-can-turn-it-all-around?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oh FFS, he’s gonna play McGinn and Ramsey in midfield, 2 in defence because our full-backs are attackers, and our attackers standing around waiting for a lucky goofball to come to them.

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

It would be nice if, after he gets fired, Mings gets to laugh in his face one time.

While looking him in the eye.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Completely overlooking the fact that we were completely outclassed in that game, and Arsenal should have been out of sight by half time. If you’re constantly under the cosh and played off the park, you’ll eventually concede - the law of averages says there will be a mistake when the opposition is in your penalty area for the 50th time in a game.

Until he takes personal responsibility for this shit show, nothing will change. In fact, it won’t even change then. The charlatan is out of his depth. 

Honestly, trying not to play into the memes but it's just very Steve Bruce. You know after a game where we get battered, 20 shots to 1, 70/30 possession, smashed in all the stats, if that 1 shot was a decent chance that led to a good save the whole post match press conference would be about how unlucky we were because "on another day that goes in". Like you say, if the opposition has tons of chances and spends the whole game camped in our box mistakes are going to happen, it doesn't mean those mistakes cost us the game 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weedman said:

Honestly, trying not to play into the memes but it's just very Steve Bruce. You know after a game where we get battered, 20 shots to 1, 70/30 possession, smashed in all the stats, if that 1 shot was a decent chance that led to a good save the whole post match press conference would be about how unlucky we were because "on another day that goes in". Like you say, if the opposition has tons of chances and spends the whole game camped in our box mistakes are going to happen, it doesn't mean those mistakes cost us the game 

Because just like Bruce, he plays for 1-0's. As long as the game is within 1 goal, it's all to play for. It's purely about the scoreline. As long as Coutinho, Watkins, Kodjia or Snodgrass can pull something out of the hat at any moment and tie the game or go ahead, the game is close. Controlling the game so that it's tipped in your favour is not in their consideration. I understand why Bruce is like this, but it's funny that Gerrard, probably 20 years his junior is of the same mindset.

That interview with Sky puts pay to our hopes that he will move to a double pivot using LD. 
The guy is clueless and his ridiculous stubbornness to adapt his system according to the abilities of the squad let alone the demands of the league he is in, borders on stupidity. 
If he believes that it would be a sign of weakness to accept his current ‘tactics’ do not work then he should look at some other actual football managers. Pep has shown willingness to change system in game and Mourinho in his pomp would even substitute players 20 mins in to change things around and adapt accordingly. 
Changing your game plan/system, Steven, isn’t a sign of weakness…..it is what successful managers do in order to beat the opposition as and when required.  Yes, you were a fantastic player but drop the bullshit, arrogant attitude and accept you have got it wrong because at the moment you are a very poor manager and leader and realise that it will take you years to reach the level you want to, if indeed you ever can. Learn your trade in the lower leagues to see if you can improve….this club is no man’s nursery. 

• Like 1

Its not the football is it? it's now gone beyond, even if we manage a few results, It's nice to actually relate to the manager, there's no connection. From day 1 he's been mister Liverpool and we have all felt it, he's just not really likeable and doesn't seem to really bond with the fans  (or players) at all.

He has to go, I have no idea why Critchley isn't in charge, he did well at Blackpool just let him have a crack for a few games, what can be worse. The fans will turn today I'm sure and the anger will be directed towards the directors too, so they will feel what a disgruntled villa park is and maybe realise that the soul of this club is being destroyed by this peanut in charge

Also I understand he is a human and for sure just let him go and live his very comfortable life, he has too much pride and compensation due to quit, I don't want to see the man suffer either

Edited by Villarcana
  • Like 2

All his mates coming out to say to stick with him and defend him. The latest being his best mate carragher.

Why cant they be honest and just highlight his faults so he actually learns something instead of trying to polish a turd and say its the fans being inpatient 

If we saw anything improvement a glimmer then he would have the fans. But the truth  if the matter is we are significantly worse

It isn’t just the results (which are alarming at best) it is the way we are playing. Surely criticism is warranted if these pundits actually watched our games. It’s just incredibly sad. This period hurts because of the speed in which we have regressed. Different to the slow steady decline post MON. 

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

All his mates coming out to say to stick with him and defend him. The latest being his best mate carragher.

Why cant they be honest and just highlight his faults so he actually learns something instead of trying to polish a turd and say its the fans being inpatient 

If we saw anything improvement a glimmer then he would have the fans. But the truth  if the matter is we are significantly worse

This is why I never bother with pundits, articles, analysts, etc. - they’re openly dishonest, no real insight, heavily biased. Literally no one provides analysis that is more sophisticated than your average Joe in a pub would. It’s all so boring and useless it’s just a waste of time.

Avoiding listening to these frauds before and after a game, reading the articles and even watching games on mute is a genuine improvement.

Nowadays there are a lot of good podcasts, youtube channels and other similar avenues to get actually good information. TV and papers are way behind on provided value even for the more casual fans.

• Like 2

I hope he's currently lubing up and getting his tin hat on. 

I'd not want to be him tonight. Yes, it's Man City but we didn't even compete v pissing Bournemouth, we are going to get absolutely battered later & hopefully he will be gone soon after. 

Â