Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we get tonked tomorrow there is no doubt he getting sacked. If we somehow get a respectable scoreline/performance they might give him leicester 

But its a waste of time he isnt getting any better

My thoughts exactly, we are just delaying the inevitable. 

I do wonder if they are waiting for Rodgers to be sacked / walk then taking him? Will save a few million on compensation?

Regardless, when we lose to City, then he must win Leicester & Southampton. If we don't perform well, at Southampton home the fans will turn and his job will be completely untenable. 

29 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Are protests by throwing things at him really necessary? We offered him the job, he took it. He signed a contract which we drew up. 

He’s saying things to save his skin like anyone else would. Anyone else gonna give up millions of pounds of compo? 

He’s a crap a manger, one of our very worst but chucking stuff at him is a tad tin pot. He’ll hopefully be gone soon. Let’s not make the club look like SHA. 

Yes I think the Holte singing 'we want Gerrard out' from when we concede our second or third til the end of the game should suffice.  I can't see them sacking him today unfortunately but he cannot be in the job from Saturday night onwards.

Just now, pas5898 said:

My thoughts exactly, we are just delaying the inevitable. 

I do wonder if they are waiting for Rodgers to be sacked / walk then taking him? Will save a few million on compensation?

Regardless, when we lose to City, then he must win Leicester & Southampton. If we don't perform well, at Southampton home the fans will turn and his job will be completely untenable. 

Unless the club has some insights we lack, I struggle to see him survive a loss or even a draw against Leicester.

I think the fallout from that would be more than the club is willing to bear, unless they REALLY are onboard with what he's trying to do, and the players really support him.

52 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Are protests by throwing things at him really necessary? We offered him the job, he took it. He signed a contract which we drew up. 

He’s saying things to save his skin like anyone else would. Anyone else gonna give up millions of pounds of compo? 

He’s a crap a manger, one of our very worst but chucking stuff at him is a tad tin pot. He’ll hopefully be gone soon. Let’s not make the club look like SHA. 

Nah the Villa only throw organic veg bought from Waitrose in the Shires, whereas the blues just sling shit at each other.

Mate.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I spoke with a guy today who turned out to be a Villa fan also. He told me that a couple of weeks back he spoke with one of the younger players at the club and asked him about the decision to strip Mings of the captaincy. He claims that the lad said that the players weren't happy about it and thought it was a strange decision as all the players respect and look up to Mings. He said that when Mings spoke the players listened - all of them. He said nobody could believe the decision and that the players aren't supporting the manager and some have turned against him because of his tactics and team selection. 

More than plausible. 

36 minutes ago, daft said:

Unless the club has some insights we lack, I struggle to see him survive a loss or even a draw against Leicester.

I think the fallout from that would be more than the club is willing to bear, unless they REALLY are onboard with what he's trying to do, and the players really support him.

They really didn't want to sack the legendary promotion merchant Steve Bruce, but the Preston at home game made it completely untenable. I think the same will happen at Southampton at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

They really didn't want to sack the legendary promotion merchant Steve Bruce, but the Preston at home game made it completely untenable. I think the same will happen at Southampton at home.

Probably. But again, I don't have the insights the club has, but looking on from the outside it just feels untenable, so I just can't see him live through that 

Just now, Zero7 said:

Just seen his presser on sky sports, looks like they were his signings and the management appear to be behind him and supporting him 

Lets see if the crowd at VP are behind him when we lose 8 - 0 on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Just seen his presser on sky sports, looks like they were his signings and the management appear to be behind him and supporting him 

hopefully it is just 'appears'. Otherwise we're **** and right in the relegation mire all year if that word removed is still here by november. 

The only way I see him being here on Monday morning is if we put up a fight on Saturday and go down by a goal or two rather than get the slaughtering I and most other Villa fans are fearing. If we get tanked tomorrow and they keep faith in him for the Leicester game they better hope he wins that or that defeat will be laid at the board's feet. 

Â