Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

It won't be long before he's on the panel at Sky/BT telling everyone how it should be done.

And probably sounding absolutely right talking a lot of sense. Barmy isn't it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He said "our technical level on the ball" wasn't good enough. Yet he persists with McGinn every week. I just can't....

I think this is what it is for me. He says a lot of cliche things in the media about technique, standards and ‘carry’. But the reality is that there is no identity or structure to the team. It’s a different set up every game, and we can all see the faults.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

That’s not a post it’s a corner flag. 
spacer.png

2 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Unless I've  been labouring  under some terrible misapprehension all these years, that's  a corner flag. Though  I can see how it could be  confusing... maybe Savo was misunderstood 

I've been caught red handed.

Just sack him, no statement!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sack him tomorrow. 

Let the caretaker have the thrashing on Saturday then get the new man in for the following training week. 

It's so obvious it hurts. 

Nah, let SG have that one on his record but definitely be ready to replace him the second the final whistle goes

4 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

It's a close one, I reckon Tim Sherwood was plopper (yeah, its a real word). It's odd that they both have Gary McAllister in common?

He is worse than Sherwood, and that is not easily achieved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Nah, let SG have that one on his record but definitely be ready to replace him the second the final whistle goes

No. If he somehow gets to shithouse a win against Citeh we'll get absolute pelters in the press for sacking him. 

But mainly with him at the helm we're almost guaranteed an absolute tonking hitting our goal difference.

But you just never know. If he's gone something just might click with the players, a cloud might be lifted. It's going to take a miracle but I want Aston Villa to have the best chance of getting a result against Citeh and him being gone is the best chance of that however remote. 

Edited by sidcow

Doing ok 
Kamara, Mings

Underperforming 
Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Digne, McGinn, Ramsey, Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey, Watkins, Ings

Underused  
Luiz. Under appreciated and likely to leave on a free with a 15 million loss. 

Cast aside / loaned out / value depreciating 
Guilbert, Traore, Sanson, Hause

Players publicly undermining Gerrard
Nakamba, Bailey, Sanson…..

No style of play, almost no players playing to their full potential, no cohesion between players on the pitch, no connection with the fans, players look lost on the pitch. The sad part is the players look genuine and willing to give their all if properly coached. 

The Gerrard appointment has been an unmitigated disaster. Are there any positives from Gerrard’s management? Maybe the Kamara free signing. Carry on like this and relegation will become an inevitability. I’d give the reins to Critchley on a temporary basis rather than give Gerrard another game in charge. 

Our salary is estimated as eighth highest in the league. We sit 19th, heading for 20th. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We aren't technically good so he drops our two technical players whonkeep the ball better than anyone Luiz and Chambers.  He's actually a moron. For all the managers we have had and their faults I've never known one as moronic as Gerrard. It's staggering.

Does he have a brain injury?

Is he trying to get sacked?

Please someone make it make sense because I've never known anything like it in my life.

I'm actually going mental.

I sense the sack would be a relief to him at this stage. 

I said on here previously that the idea that he's Sherwood Mk2 is ridiculous, and I still stand by that. I'm sorry but anyone making that statement is out of their mind. It's just wrong.

Sherwood wasn't this bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We aren't technically good so he drops our two technical players whonkeep the ball better than anyone Luiz and Chambers.  He's actually a moron. For all the managers we have had and their faults I've never known one as moronic as Gerrard. It's staggering.

Does he have a brain injury?

Is he trying to get sacked?

Please someone make it make sense because I've never known anything like it in my life.

I'm actually going mental.

Brain injury!! Thanks man I legit laughed loud and woke up my baby. Now she won't stop crying 😂

Â