Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

We'll somehow win the next 2 - and he gets another small life raft for another month. 

If he wins either then he has the right to continue but id say the odds of him winning either of them is more chance of me growing wings and  flying around villa park than that happening

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

This thread is now sort of pointless. All we can discuss now is the date when he will be sacked, and since nobody is in the know, it will just be people guessing random dates.

Agreed.

I guess tomorrow.

• Like 1

He has no "tricks" up his sleeve yet. Creativity isn't there. Comes off as a manager to know what he wants to do - but doesnt know how to properly implement it. Not well spoken overally in regards to tactic talk. 

I've always liked his passion and grit, but a manager needs A LOT more then that to succeed in modern football. 

3 hours ago, AV82 said:

Steven Gerrard hasn't lost the dressing room. He never had it. He can't coach and he has the personality of a bumhole. What are his strengths exactly?

Well, his hair is very neat. 

I have been Gerrard in this whole time hoping to see some improvement. But it hasnt materialized and today underlined its not going to. I dont see any benefit to keeping him around for the next game I really don't. It seems best for everyone involved to make the change Monday. I would sooner get humped in the next two games while being able to openly recruit a manager than get humped while doing the same utterly predictable thing yet again.

Enough is enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's difficult to see how he'll turn it around. If we lose to Arsenal and City we might well be bottom of the league going into Leicester away on 10th September.

I think a good CEO leaves him in place for the next two while we find a replacement - I think we should be talking to that replacement now about players in the last few days of this transfer window. I think we leave Gerrard to suffer the reaction to our upcoming two whopping great losses and then appoint a new man for a run of fixtures he's got a chance in.

Yes, although I think we’d be better off sacking most of them now and giving the caretaker job to Critchley, see if he can magic a point from the next two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have been Gerrard in this whole time hoping to see some improvement. But it hasnt materialized and today underlined its not going to. I dont see any benefit to keeping him around for the next game I really don't. It seems best for everyone involved to make the change Monday. I would sooner get humped in the next two games while being able to openly recruit a manager than get humped while doing the same utterly predictable thing yet again.

Enough is enough.

Welcome to the Gerrard Out club @ciggiesnbeer

• Thanks 1

Saw a post match interview on Sky earlier, can't find it, not sure if someone else can. But Gerrard as good as patronised the players by saying "we are here for the players, we will give them everything we can, but they need to start helping themselves".

Says to me, nothing wrong with us mate, but you players need to liven up and understand what we are trying to teach you?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's difficult to see how he'll turn it around. If we lose to Arsenal and City we might well be bottom of the league going into Leicester away on 10th September.

I think a good CEO leaves him in place for the next two while we find a replacement - I think we should be talking to that replacement now about players in the last few days of this transfer window. I think we leave Gerrard to suffer the reaction to our upcoming two whopping great losses and then appoint a new man for a run of fixtures he's got a chance in.

Its buisness at the end of the day. I hope Purslow can put behind his friendship with Gerrard 

• Like 1

Â