Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That cannot be allowed to happen… he has to go beforehand if it’s looking like that will be the case… we can’t take that kind of risk…

Simply can risk another wasted season. To many good teams in this league now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Villarocker said:

We're in a precarious situation right now. I don't think anybody will deny that we need more players. And,  Gerrard has said the board are backing him to get players in. So, what happens if we lose tomorrow? 

I think even the most ardent supporter would expect us to lose the next two league games after West Ham,  if we lose tomorrow. Say we lost the next three by 1-0, 2-1 and 3-0 we would be sat with 3 points and a - 8 goal difference after 6 games. That would probably see us close to the bottom of the table also. On top of that,  the transfer window will be closed. We would be in a poor place because the fans will have well and truly turned against him by then. 

If we lose tomorrow, does anyone think that Purslow and the owners may decide to sack him to give his successor the remainder of the window to do business? 

Even if they did sack him on Monday, there’s no way they would act quick enough to bring in a replacement before the window closed. I do wonder if they are holding some cash back possibly with one eye on a new manager in January because let’s face it, they can’t be impressed with what they’ve seen from Gerrard so far. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

I agree, but I still hope we win today. I know the standard set by the sacking of Smith was five loses in a row and your out, and the way Gerrard is managing the team it will happen at some point. Maybe he can keep himself in the job for some time by winning one game and lose 3-4 games before winning an other. That will be terrible for Villa, and I hope we can get a proper manager soon.

As you said if we lose today, it is almost certain we would end up with four loses in a row in the league, because it’s unlikely we get anything from Arsenal and ManC. And most like the losing streak will continue against Leicester and Southampton, because in addition to all other problems, the any traces confidence should be dead and buried after four loses. Meaning we go into the international break with 3 points out of 24. It is just too scary, and I hope it don’t be that bad.

Absolutely.

This is about staying up.

Which is a tragic thing to say three games into the season but it is.

• Like 1

I’m just not sure I can see the board sacking him even if we lose the next 3. If we see the same tactical ineptitude, half arsed effort and lack of creativity today then I truly hope the Villa faithful make their voices heard. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I’m just not sure I can see the board sacking him even if we lose the next 3. If we see the same tactical ineptitude, half arsed effort and lack of creativity today then I truly hope the Villa faithful make their voices heard. 

The atmosphere will be very nasty if we lose today considering its also according to one of the podcasts the first home game since promotion we havent sold out. They called the ticket office and got told this

They will be aware

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I’m genuinely worried. Brighton, Leeds, Brentford, Newcastle, Palace and despite losing today even Fulham all look like we’ll coached teams. Our squad is arguably stronger in most departments we just don’t seem organized, and the formation Gerrard seems to want to play doesn’t work. 

Add into the mix the captaincy upheaval, development of a mini bomb-squad (thought we’d left that kind of thing behind us a long time ago) and rumors  of players being unhappy (social media comments etc.)  - well it all reminds me of certain times in the past and they are not good memories. 

I don’t understand how the feel good factor and general optimism around the club has dissolved so quickly. There’s really been only one major change and that’s Gerard’s appointment. So of course fans are going to look to him and question if he is the right person to be managing us.

I just do not think he is based on all of the evidence I can see.

Obviously today might change things but we currently look one of the worst teams in the league. The other teams in that group all have valid reasons why they're down there. We don't.

• Like 3

I don't think Gerrard will turn it around, it's similar to when Bruce was here and he just got a result every 3/4 games and he hung on by a thread for ages. The sooner he's gone the better and if another loss today speeds that up then good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m going to lay off, until the match is over at least. My opinion is unchanged but I can’t really continually bear the misery and frustration of us playing like crap and being beaten… it’s not something I ever look forward to…

Sorry if I’ve offended or upset anyone with my prior comments but I needed a release, an avenue to vent my frustrations… to clear the mind 😆

Sometimes, emotions can get the better of us but sometimes we have a point too…

I want to try and be positive and to try and have some hope… I don’t know where it’s come from, but I have this feeling that we may actually turn up and put in a performance today… maybe it’s blind faith, a fool’s hope, or maybe it’s just because I hate seeing this team lose and play poorly…

It’s a massive game…I’d much rather see us win and see the turnaround rather than get beaten and deal with all the crap that comes with that… it can be draining and exhausting…

I just want to see the Villa do well, anything holding us back from that is always going to receive criticism and ire though…

Come on, don’t let us down today…

None of us do mate. And despite all I wrote on here, I am worried and I want to see positive changes. I am definitely not in the Gerrard camp, but I think we've reached a point where we really can't add much more to the Gerrard out 'debate'.

Personally I have to trust the club to time any changes well, and that they know we need to up our results. 

Go protest at the club, I think that's well within our rights for example. 

I am 100% confident he will be out of things aren't improved. 

UTV!

10 minutes ago, daft said:

None of us do mate. And despite all I wrote on here, I am worried and I want to see positive changes. I am definitely not in the Gerrard camp, but I think we've reached a point where we really can't add much more to the Gerrard out 'debate'.

Personally I have to trust the club to time any changes well, and that they know we need to up our results. 

Go protest at the club, I think that's well within our rights for example. 

I am 100% confident he will be out of things aren't improved. 

UTV!

I can’t be bothered to talk about him, not until today’s match is over.

I’m tired of him, going to ignore him. I just want the players to perform and encourage the crowd today. It’s not nice for the fans, especially in these days with rising costs and difficulties. The club is asking a lot now in terms of expense, I think we all deserve some bang for our buck and are fully justified in being critical if all we are being served up is shite…

It’s like going to an expensive restaurant, paying for an expensive meal, while you’re struggling to make ends meet, and just being served up shit on a platter…

especially for away fans and after those long, expensive journeys…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I can’t be bothered to talk about him, not until todays match is over.

I’m tired of him, going to ignore him. I just want the players to perform and encourage the crowd today. It’s not nice for the fans, especially in these days with rising costs and difficulties. The club is asking a lot now in terms of expense, I think we all deserve some bang for our buck and are fully justified in being critical if all we are being served up is shite…

It’s like going to an expensive restaurant while you’re struggling to make needs meet and being served shit on a platter…

especially for away fans and after those long, expensive journeys…

I think that is one example of a more positive mindset. 

I mean we all feel pretty much the same about the man and our performances, and nothing will really change but doing what you do now. 

And little will change even if we win. He'll still have it all to prove, I think a vast majority of us feels the same. 

We can't really add much at this point.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair, it's been with good reason over the last 12 years. There's not been much to shout about. The was for about 3 years, but we seemed to have chucked that away now.

Well, we do seem to be a bit of a manager graveyard, and kinda' shit a t buying players. 

But just imagine the extacy when we finally win the CL! 😅😭

Â