Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

An indication that it'll stay this way in 2/5/10/15 games time? I think every single one of those managers except Rodgers will be above us by the end of the weekend (and he'll probably be sacked right after).

We were 4 points ahead of Arsenal at this stage last season too. Yet we sacked our manager after 7 more games and Arsenal ultimately finished 5th. Us 14th. 

It was a lighthearted comment. 

Arsenal should finish above us. They have always been far stronger. It was nice seeing them struggle a bit last year but it was only ever going to be temporary. 

• Like 1

I dont think we need to pick stats to criticise Gerrard. We all have seen the team play since he arrived he has had many months. It started well, then was bad, then was good for a bit, then bad again.

This season has started out bad. 

As Gerrard has said, no excuses. if he can get this team performing to their potential this week with two thumping stylish wins with a coherent stye of play then he can turn it around. But if not, then enough is enough. Purslow would be better taking the positives from the Gerrard hire (some very good players) and moving on to a manager who can get the best out of them.

I hope he can turn it around, but Palace and Bournemouth were bad, very bad.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think that's fair. 

But we shouldn't be comparing to our worst managers ever anyway, let's compare to our best managers or at least our 'in the middle' managers.  Gerrard really needs to be in the top half of our managers over time to achieve what is expected of him. 

Might have a look tomorrow at where he sits in this…

It's getting to the point now where Gerrard is actually damaging this club. We're not just stagnating we're going f***ing backwards. Ostracising Mings.. giving McGinn the captaincy.. exiling Morgan Sanson.. ignoring the potential of Archer.. all while boasting a loss percentage that is now close to being the worst in Aston Villa's entire history. It's absolutely insane that he still has a job, nevermind us having to pay him millions to see him off. It's utterly, utterly embarrassing and should cost Purslow his job as well.

F*** OFF.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

I called it wrong to give him time (a month or two back)

Sorry.

Me too. It's alright to be wrong so long as you come to the light and admit it. Some genuinely want him to stay - **** insane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Me too. It's alright to be wrong so long as you come to the light and admit it. Some genuinely want him to stay - **** insane.

Tbf the feeling seems to be almost unanimous right now. Obviously there will always be a small minority but 90%+ wanting him gone (and that was before tonight) is pretty rare.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tbf the feeling seems to be almost unanimous right now. Obviously there will always be a small minority but 90%+ wanting him gone (and that was before tonight) is pretty rare.

It's the ~10% I was referring to! /who concern me 😅

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Genuinely one of the worst managers we've ever had.

Up there with garde and cabbage. 

Also I just realised gary McAllister is part of the coaching setup. Christ it was bad enough having him there under houiller. Sack slippy G and the entire coaching staff ASAP. 

Â