Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope three have revealed themselves by 10 games in.

Just had a look at Nuno last year...he got 10 games before Spurs basically admitted their mistake. Gerrard's already had 31. Tick tock.

That’s a silly statement, last year  the relegation went to the wire and most seasons will . My point is despite the hysteria on this board I still think we won’t be relegated . 
im not a SG fan but don’t think the board are going to pull the trigger any time soon . 
let’s debate but come game day get behind the team . 

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

That’s a silly statement, last year  the relegation went to the wire and most seasons will . My point is despite the hysteria on this board I still think we won’t be relegated . 
im not a SG fan but don’t think the board are going to pull the trigger any time soon . 

Not so sure about that. If this carries on they will rightly see it as completely unacceptable given the level of investment they've put in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

That’s a silly statement, last year  the relegation went to the wire and most seasons will . My point is despite the hysteria on this board I still think we won’t be relegated

Genuinely interested in why you think that. Under Gerrard, we have no game plan, no style of play, he’s completely clueless and out of his depth. 

• Like 2

I’ve cautiously backed Gerrard since he arrived. However the clock is now very much ticking very loudly. We have bottom of the league West Ham next weekend followed by Arsenal and Man City. A defeat at home to West Ham will surely make it a case of when rather than if. Anything but a comfortable win against Bolton in the League Cup and his position will be untenable almost.  

This appointment was a risky experiment that really hasn’t worked. Let’s hope they’re already working on his replacement, because sackings are the easy part, appointments not so easy as we know. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I think they will continue to build the squad strength whether he is here or not.

They'll build a squad strong enough to also excite any potential Manager if it turns out SG has to go anyway IMO.

Now it's up to him to utilise it the best way, or they'll find someone who will i feel.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

So why are we buying players still if they are about to get rid . 

Because they are very supportive owners.

They won't be involved with this on much of a level beyond Purslow and Lange saying yes... we're signing this guy because he will help the team.

If we are bottom after 7/8 games. They will be asking if they'll be asking what's happened to the money they've spent.

35 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Genuinely interested in why you think that. Under Gerrard, we have no game plan, no style of play, he’s completely clueless and out of his depth. 

I will repeat again I’m not a SG fan but believe he would muddle thru the season and acquire enough points with the players at his disposal. It wouldn’t be pretty for sure. 
my point is despite what is glaringly obvious currently  it’s not going to change anytime soon with the transfer activity the board are still backing him. 

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I am still supporting Gerrard but I disagree with this. Some of the criticism is over the op but most of it is completely fair.

We really have pissed away our pre season and got off to a poor start.

I think he can turn it around but still, its not hysterical to see we are on a very bad trajectory at the moment.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am still supporting Gerrard but I disagree with this. Some of the criticism is over the op but most of it is completely fair. We really have pissed away our pre season and got off to a poor start.

I think he can turn it around but still, its not hysterical to see we are on a very bad trajectory at the moment.

Yeah, but the lad's right. There is hysteria on the board. People keep posting the same thing over and over again. It is, quite frankly, enough to be called over the top even if criticism is valid. It's quite frankly ridiculous, the amount of repeated shouts and identical posts, but that is ok. It's what these boards are for. But it's stil hysterical, over the top and quite silly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Most seasons will? For who? Us?

7 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t think it’s a case of not seeing the stats, least not for me.

There has been shoots of positivity and in some instances remarkable performances, see first half at Spurs and 70 minutes versus Man City, where it’s like ah okay, so that’s potentially what this Gerrard team “could” become.

Sadly at the moment the poor performances are far far outweighing them.

It’s likely Gerrards system doesn’t work in the Premier League, but I mean, he did pretty well with getting Rangers so far in the Europa league, so you can understand why some have been more patient.

That said, he is going to need to learn and adapt and do it fast and be prepared to try different approaches moving forward if he wants to stay as a Premier League manager.

I think you are touching on some apt points.....We don't seem to have the stamina, to play the game the Premier league teams are predominantly playing....other teams seem to have more athleticism and workrate to run off the ball and compete better.

I emphasise the word seem....because I just don't know what is wrong...

SG at present has the expression of "Fred Dibnah" watching a chimney fall.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I think you are touching on some apt points.....We don't seem to have the stamina, to play the game the Premier league teams are predominantly playing....other teams seem to have more athleticism and workrate to run off the ball and compete better.

I emphasise the word seem....because I just don't know what is wrong...

SG at present has the expression of "Fred Dibnah" watching a chimney fall.

He should be using the subs a little more. We have back up now, like when McGinn is tiring in the 20th minute, bring him off. 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He should be using the subs a little more. We have back up now, like when McGinn is tiring in the 20th minute, bring him off. 😆

That's the least of our worries. He changes shape to seldom and doesn't seem to react to what is happening, at least I can't see it. I wasn't too bothered he didn't sub someone at half-time, but he did nothing to address our lack of movement, positioning of individual players and lack of proper outlets in the build up phase for example. Or handling Zaha and whatever his name is. That worried me more. We look uncomfortable in all phases, as if the lads don't understand what to do or where their team-mates are. 

Â