Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been off this thread for a few days, come back and see positivity, what sorcery is this???!!!!

Wake me up when VT is back up!

😳

😀

UTV! 👊🏽

Don’t worry it’ll be back to normal by tomorrow evening after the game 😉

• Sad 1

So genuine question for those on here who are not in support let’s say of SG, would wins x 2 against Burnley, a win against Palace and narrow defeats to Liverpool and City have you a bit more on board for next season?

If not, what will it take?

8 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

So genuine question for those on here who are not in support let’s say of SG, would wins x 2 against Burnley, a win against Palace and narrow defeats to Liverpool and City have you a bit more on board for next season?

Clear signs that it wasn't a mistake to trade our last manager for this one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

People keep going on it just being wins, the minimum I require from any team is to try their hardest, to look organised, try and be competitive and we feel like we are progressing.  

You can get lucky wins or unlucky losses so I want to look past that.  The reason I have focused on points because both performances and points have been poor overall for some time.

So give me five 90 minute good, hard working, competitive, organised performances and I’ll be a bit more positive going into the summer.  

If we do that then points we deserve will take care of themselves and they will also include some luck positive and negative but it’ll give us something to hold onto to.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I’d want us to actually take a point from either Liverpool or Man City. Doing that would be a big difference to how we normally deal with top teams.

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’d want us to actually take a point from either Liverpool or Man City. Doing that would be a big difference to how we normally deal with top teams.

So 10 points from the final 5 games or are you saying the most important thing is that we take something from one of the city/Liverpool matches even if we drop points in one of the others?

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

So 10 points from the final 5 games or are you saying the most important thing is that we take something from one of the city/Liverpool matches even if we drop points in one of the others?

More important to get something from a top team for once.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

More important to get something from a top team for once.

That’s fair, I would like to see us get something against one of them too although at this stage of our development and over the next 12 months or so I would be happy to see us consistently beating the teams we ‘should beat’,  that should give us something in the range of say 16-18 wins which with a handful of draws would leave us in a nice position in next season’s table.

48 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It all depends on how it looks overall for me. I still have concerns over his tactical and man-management abilities but what you suggest here resultwise is good enough to give him more time.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Doesn't have to be 7 goals , 6 would do 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Watching SG press conference and i can tell by his body language that he is not satisfied with where we are.

I know whilst he was watching the Rangers game last night a part of him was thinking this is where Villa needs to be.

I think he will begin to be more ruthless with the players at his disposal and really throw the kitchen sink at this transfer window.

I just hope it is the right players.

The honeymoon period is over, he doesn't like mediocrity and hopefully we will see that.

He's waiting to blow 100m up the wall.

14 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Could you elaborate a bit more on that?

It's already been said over and over, mate. At this point I'm here for the gallows humour. I'm still suffering in truth from the deep psychological blow of our previous pitch perfect scenario, to this... It's awful. I don't celebrate goals, and I can barely muster an eye roll when we concede lately. Would love to believe in project Gerrard, but at this moment the appointment seems a strange and costly miscalculation.

Irrespective of what happens in the last 5 games, 4 things have disappointed me during Gerrard's time here. 1)points taken from the top 8 clubs 2)failing to adapt his tactics to suit the players at his disposal 3)similar bad runs to the one that Smith was sacked for 4) his lego hair

For me he will need to address the first 3 things fairly quickly next season to stay in the job. The 4th is the cherry on top! 

Edited by Made In Aston

27 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's already been said over and over, mate. At this point I'm here for the gallows humour. I'm still suffering in truth from the deep psychological blow of our previous pitch perfect scenario, to this... It's awful. I don't celebrate goals, and I can barely muster an eye roll when we concede lately. Would love to believe in project Gerrard, but at this moment the appointment seems a strange and costly miscalculation.

See, at this point, the point where you’re talking about deep psychological blows and can’t  take joy from even the simplest of things, a goal…isn’t it time to step a way for a bit?

• Like 4

I think that's less of an issue supporting this club, and more the clearings in the woods running our game.

I can't remember the last time we scored a goal without my immediate thought being "what can they rule that out for..."

• Like 1

Â