Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Whatever.

The sooner the Stevie G era ends the better for all concerned.

He'll get until Christmas. Let's hope he hasn't spunked too much on his old Liverpool mates by that point.

Just now, picicata said:

He'll get until Christmas. Let's hope he hasn't spunked too much on his old Liverpool mates by that point.

Not if we scarcely survive he won't. 

Just now, picicata said:

He's signed one former Liverpool player who coincidentally is our best player. I hope he signs more.

1 minute ago, picicata said:

Odd comment given the only "Liverpool mate" we've signed so far has been universally acclaimed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s funny, I’m not even against carrying on with Gerrard it’s just hilarious that some of the most vociferous anti-Smith voices are defending their vociferous ness in the face of a lot of worrying evidence.

I’m not anti-smith, far from it. But I’m not going to pretend everything was great when it wasn’t. For the last weeks I’ve thought Gerrard has deserved a full pre season because of the position we were in when they joined and how we’ve had some promising results. I’m now on the fence, should he be doing more or are the players the problem. Why can’t we perform for 90 minutes. If we have a disaster end to the season I wouldn’t be against them being sacked 

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not so much staunchly in favour of Gerrard staying so much as I'm of the opinion that regardless of who we get in, most of the same issues will persist.

Why does any manager ever get sacked then ? 

If we are lose game after game no matter who the manager then I agree no point.....

But there are better head coaches out there. 

• Like 1

Whoever the manager is nothing seems to change.

I actually can't explain why we continue to be awful. Is it a mental thing. A losers mentality that exists in the whole club? Genuinely it's confusing

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not so much staunchly in favour of Gerrard staying so much as I'm of the opinion that regardless of who we get in, most of the same issues will persist.

Don’t see the irony here?

I don't think he's got a clue what he's doing. Some of our better more attacking players on the bench, playing this narrow 433 suppose to make us more compact and solid yet we look more open than under Smith.

Our squad is good, should we dismantle it and let him build his own? I don't think so. Should have got a manager in who knew how to use these players and then fine tune/improve it. Sounds like Gerrard will change a load of them and also bring in older ones, while the likes of Carney want out and I doubt Buendia, our record signing, isn't impressed at being benched.

Can't see this ending well.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

I disagree, they just don’t fit this system and we play 40% slower than we need to with the ball.

No good moving the ball at a pedestrian pace, it needs to be faster as that what separated the first and second half today, we played the first half at the right tempo, we didn’t come out second 

It’s the players. We don’t have the right characters. Mindset is all wrong for many of them, majority of them don’t want to really improve or be the best that they can be. Once this changes then we will see some proper results. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sideways move or are the players just not giving him what he's asking, I'm not sure which it is.

Probably both, problem is they are both Gerrard’s problem because if he isn’t good enough he won’t last and if he can’t coach better performances out of players underperforming he won’t last.

• Like 2

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

I don't think he's got a clue what he's doing. Some of our better more attacking players on the bench, playing this narrow 433 suppose to make us more compact and solid yet we look more open than under Smith.

Our squad is good, should we dismantle it and let him build his own? I don't think so. Should have got a manager in who knew how to use these players and then fine tune/improve it. Sounds like Gerrard will change a load of them and also bring in older ones, while the likes of Carney want out and I doubt Buendia, our record signing, isn't impressed at being benched.

Can't see this ending well.

Don't disagree about Gerrard's tactics, but I'm not so sure about this tbh.

I get a sense of irony about a manager who wants to sign players who are first team ready at the summer, which would run risk of us signing players past their sell by date on high wages.

Why not just try find a manager who is ready for this league instead as Gerrard clearly isn't. 

• Like 4

It is becoming very difficult to watch us under Gerrard.

I think we have some decent quality in possession with creative build-up and spells of probing with the ball.

However, that all gets undone by some Sunday league standard defending. We are so damn pedestrian too many times.

We are in need of a serious rebuild, and it’s getting harder and harder to argue that I completely trust the current regime to do it successfully.

• Like 3

Just now, CVByrne said:

Wrong appointment as we can tell. Has basically destroyed any team confidence or unity by saying he'll replace everyone.

Was 100% in his corner before today. Now he needs to be got rid of. Not the person to take us forward given the evidence

Part of the reason why most players loved Deano because he wouldn't throw them under the bus in his pressers.  The buck stops with the manager, and this one is garbage.  Can't wait to see him dismantle the team this summer... 

Just now, KMitch said:

Part of the reason why most players loved Deano because he wouldn't throw them under the bus in his pressers.  The buck stops with the manager, and this one is garbage.  Can't wait to see him dismantle the team this summer... 

His inexperience is why he's failed. 

Â