Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

There were players playing like dogshit for 70 minutes and not a change.

Even Dean ‘makes subs too late’ smith had the balls to pull of players at half time.

Anyone with eyes could see it wasn’t working.

Just now, skarroki said:

Since we parted ways, Dean has got 12 points with a team that had 2 points in their first 10 games. Gerrard has got 17 points in that time.

Consider they've faced similar teams in that time but have had very different tools at their disposal, also Gerrard was supposed to bringing in momentum and confidence but Deano was a broken man and busted flush washing up at Norwich. 

Ok but would we have gotten 17 points in that time if Smith had stayed? Almost certainly not. And that's not a defence of Gerrard as much as it is an indictment of Smith.

Pointless comparison.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

£40m a piece for Cash, Luiz and Watkins I’d absolutely bite the offerers hands off.  

I agree but who do we replace them with?  Same with Mings, McGinn and a few others.  Looks like project rebuild all over again? 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Ok but would we have gotten 17 points in that time if Smith had stayed? Almost certainly not. And that's not a defence of Gerrard as much as it is an indictment of Smith.

Pointless comparison.

Gerrard got the standard new manager bounce and since then we've become a load of shit. Shipping goals for fun. Culminating in the absolute shambles we witnessed today. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I want to see the back of so many players. McGinn, Watkins, Luiz, Mings. I just don't want them playing for us anymore. Just get new blood in and move on players who will clearly never be good enough for the top 6. 

The sheer inconsistency and bang averageness of those 4 players sums us up as a club right now. 

What ! It’s a poor result and performance today but really . Mings being the exception all the others have been linked with clubs in the top six . People need to take a breath and calm down a little . 

McGinn and Luiz just need to be got rid of from a starting team if we are ever going to be anything other than bang average side. McGinn has had enough excuses made from his inconsistency, enough is enough. Luiz is just done at this club.

23 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Sorry not quite clear what you mean - do you mean that people are saying they’re given clear instructions but just not following them? If that’s the case then we have a serious problem with our players’ attitudes which would be a damn shame as I’d hoped we’d stamped all this poisonous atmosphere out. Maybe the players don’t like having a ball breaker around and if that’s what Gerrard has been (as we have been led to believe) and the players don’t like it, time to sack off all the players that want an easier ride. 

all very speculative of course 

I mean do they get clear instructions.

They say they do. Mings did a moany interview this week having a dig at Smith and saying jobs are made clear right now.

Gerrard says they do all the time. "No excuses".

I'd love them to get some clear instructions in a different formation. We are painfully easy to play against.

Could be some trouble after Watford, because it isn't hard to see how you beat us.

• Like 1

Just now, tom_avfc said:

It’s probably worth pointing out that every single team that we lost to on that 5 game losing run is currently in the top half of the table. We had players coming back from injury and settling into a new team.

At no point under Smith did I feel completely confused by what we were even trying to do like I do now. If people think one central midfielder sorts out the issues we have at the moment then they’re kidding themselves.

we need a new RB, possibly a new CB, a DM, a MC & a striker (depending on whether Ings can replace Watkins or not), so the way it looks, a new striker.

so 5 players imo.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Gerrard dont help himself keep starting lame and utterly gash watkins.

I knew we should have signed tammy in the summer.  A much better player than Watkins is

not gonna lie, i agree Watkins is rubbish.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Those 2 training games seemed a bad decision in hindsight. 2 games in 4 days when we had 2 games in a week to come after them. 

Seriously ? - they yielded 2 wins !!!! honestly there's no pleasing some people. :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Gerrard dont help himself keep starting lame and utterly gash watkins.

I knew we should have signed tammy in the summer.  A much better player than Watkins is

Tammy would struggle with this lot!  Last year I was convinced Watkins was the better of the two, but I’m having serious doubts.

Â