Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

55 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Bloody hell. I am loving this.

Probably went straight home to the wife and kids after the Liverpool game. Had a leisurely morning walking the dogs wirh Klopp  and then took in the game the next day  before he drove down to Brum.  

Anything other than six from the next two will probably feel disappointing.

But Norwich have been getting better and better, and we hardly ever **** beat Burnley.

Luckily Steven Gerrard won't accept that shit and will demand six points. Looking forward to see what we can do.

He's 5/5 on great performances out of a side that was on the floor.

Outstanding.

• Like 2

Gerrard said against Norwich we will be more aggressive and front foot. 

I'm a little mind boggled by that. So we're not supposed to be aggressive against Liverpool? 

I understand you can't be as attacking against every team but that aggressiveness should always be there. 

That second half against city is the approach I want in every game. Make the opposition feel us in Gerrard's own words. I felt that was severely lacking on Saturday. Way too passive. 

Edited by villalad21

Wasn’t convinced about his appointment at all, but in five games he’s won me round completely. Reckon we’ll comfortably finish top-half, and next season we’ll really see what he can do. Excited about every game now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Gerrard said against Norwich we will be more aggressive and front foot. 

I'm a little mind boggled by that. So we're not supposed to be aggressive against Liverpool? 

I understand you can't be as attacking against every team but that aggressiveness should always be there. 

That second half against city is the approach I want in every game. Make the opposition feel us in Gerrard's own words. I felt that was severely lacking on Saturday. Way too passive. 

He means aggressive in a different sense.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@hippo has been on Villalad LITE duty since being unhappy about us being " Too Defensive " against Liverpool. lol

Still love you all though...

I'm not unhappy about. I'm just not seeing the attacking prowess that are some are reporting.

Quite rightly his first priority was to tighten the defence. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Remember the "give Smith more time" brigade? They seem to have disappeared 🤣

Gerrard has won every game except narrow losses to two of the best sides in the world. He literally could not have done a better job so far.

Superb appointment and perfectly timed.

Haha well yes, he was sacked. 

Gerrard has been superb. Another good win. We really are on for a top half finish this year. 

• Like 4

Â