Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Impressive interview. He doesn’t get giddy or too excited. He wants to get to work. Interesting how in this interview, like the high performance one, he says about creating a “no excuse culture” which i like to hear. We have great facilities. It takes the victim card away from players. You’ve to be more accountable for your own performance.

Very, very impressed by Gerrard’s interview. The drive and ambition is there to speak. Laser focused on the job at hand, no excuses and no desire to indulge anything else no Villa related. A lot of players need to wake up as he’s not going to accept any passengers. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh, and his hair looks fantastic. lol

It'll be white by the time he's done at Villa 🤣

Seriously though, he seems strictly business and won't take no passengers. Exciting stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Impressed by that first interview. If he can get our team playing in his image then we’ll be alright. Dynamic, ruthless and entertaining will do me. 

I remember Peter Crouch's anecdote that Gerrard had really high standards as a player. In training he would fizz the ball in at pace to him and if there was any miscontrol he would then give him abuse. Crouch said that it made players try harder to get things right as they wanted to impress him and avoid the stick. Hopefully he keeps the same standards as manager. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I remember Peter Crouch's anecdote that Gerrard had really high standards as a player. In training he would fizz the ball in at pace to him and if there was any miscontrol he would then give him abuse. Crouch said that it made players try harder to get things right as they wanted to impress him and avoid the stick. Hopefully he keeps the same standards as manager. 

I don’t think today’s generation can take or handle that

• Like 1

I was impressed at how focused and determined he is.

I was also a bit scared at the thought that the international players come back two days before the Brighton game and he and his team have to get them into shape. If we get anything out of that game it will feel like a new dawn.

Just now, briny_ear said:

I was impressed at how focused and determined he is.

I was also a bit scared at the thought that the international players come back two days before the Brighton game and he and his team have to get them into shape. If we get anything out of that game it will feel like a new dawn.

New manager bounce our best bet. Hopefully all the players are fit.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 15:42, Tomaszk said:
  • Liverpool press will be annoying af - hope he nips that in the bud nice and early. Few Gers pals said he's pretty good with the media

Done once in club interview and tone was perfect. Well done.

Hopefully the national media get the message quickly. Hopefully a few get their heads bitten off if they won't lay off with it.

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Also liked the way he focused on the defence as the first priority to sort out - or rather, I guess, our defending. Not just the defenders

He’s right though. The spaces in particular are an issue. They are all way too far apart when passing to each other, easy to get pressed because you don’t have a near out ball. 

• Like 4

Â