The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

31 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’m looking forward to the first interview, about the vision, and the ambition of the club. I imagine that’s one of the biggest attractions for him, alongside continuing the good ground work already started. 

He’s coming in at a great time, where the training ground and academy work is going well. The squad overhaul is good and some tweaks needed to kick on. 

I’m excited to see the impact he has and his squad improvements in January and beyond. 

Not my first choice but I’ll 100% get behind him. Looking forward to the Brighton game. 

My excitement is slowly growing.  Young up and coming manager...  former stud player who will garner respect from the squad immediately and be attractive for recruitment efforts.  His coaching staff (Beale) has been made to sound quite strong.  I was not a Smith out guy but nonetheless I'm excited about what could come with this move if he is indeed the guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

My excitement is slowly growing.  Young up and coming manager...  former stud player who will garner respect from the squad immediately and be attractive for recruitment efforts.  His coaching staff (Beale) has been made to sound quite strong.  I was not a Smith out guy but nonetheless I'm excited about what could come with this move if he is indeed the guy.

did someone just use the word "Stud" in a sentence on the VT forum?

Where are all the Kenneth gifs.......

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Not sure where you are getting that from but It was 12. Just 12.  Less points than Dean improved us between our first season in the PL and our second. 

I can’t find where I saw it. Maybe it was 30 points behind when took over? Apparently rangers are the most improved teams in Europe ranking wise since he took over if that means anything. Probably not. 

I keep going forwards and backwards on whether I like the idea of Gerrard or not. Roll on him taking charge of some games so I can get a firmer opinion one way or the other.

Edited by Tom13

Just now, MaVilla said:

Haha...  apologies.... as you can see I'm new here and an American...  if stud is an outlawed term I sincerely apologize and will make sure to choose my words better next time.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t find where I saw it. Maybe it was 30 points behind when took over? Apparently rangers are the most improved teams in Europe ranking wise since he took over if that means anything. Probably not. 

That sounds like complete bollocks tbh. Maybe in terms of uefa coefficient or something?

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Not sure where you are getting that from but It was 12. Just 12.  Less points than Dean improved us between our first season in the PL and our second. 

In his second season, they finished 13 points behind them, so it's not like they were consistently narrowing the gap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I think American’s use stud for top sports stars as opposed to horses with massive schlongs that bonk all day like we do. 

15 minutes ago, Creeper said:

LOL, my favourite parts were a] the bit where we said we are only better than Newcastle, Norwich and maybe Watford, and b] when he pretty clearly indicated that he couldn't see the point and that all we might get is a bit more enthusiasm.

Really filled me with optimism, good stuff.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think American’s use stud for top sports stars as opposed to horses with massive schlongs that bonk all day like we do. 

i mean, who doesnt like horses with big schlongs.

In retrospect Villa were just too nice and naive under Smith.

I'm hoping Gerrard (if he becomes Manager) will instill a little more defensive awareness, savvy and some nastiness where necessary.

We are been too easy to play against for so long...

I also like the fact every player now has to impress, there are no favourites which should mean everyone will up their game.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You can ask this question of literally anybody in the world. I'm asking specifically what it is about him that makes him the solution to this problem. I can't see what it is. "He could be" doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?

That question and response would be relevant to any manager in the world too. At least those realistically available to us.