The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

If it's Gerrard so be it.

But I wouldn't judge him by what he has done up in Scotland, it'll give hardly any head start to being a premier league manager with the Villa.

He either has to do a good job, or we will destroy his reputation and Liverplop won't have him. It's a huge risk for him.

4 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Danny Murphy is a complete Representative for Wellingborough. Sorry for stating the obvious. 

I will say this, whoever the owners appoint will give us a very big indication on there intentions going forward.

Danny Murphy has always been that type of footballer who sucks his own daughters toes

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kingysilvers said:

One thing that I think gets lost when people speak about Gerrard's success with Rangers is Celtic being an absolute clown car for the past few years. Remember the Dubai trip and all the Covid nonsense that went on with them? That was held up as symbol of how mismanaged they have been recently, a totem of them reaching peak "banter club" territory. 

Us beating them to McGinn was what really drove Rodgers away, would have only cost them £2.75m or something like that but the board wouldn't sanction it.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any ideas why he didn’t?

'it is understood that despite being sacked by Dortmund in December 2020, the former Switzerland midfielder has decided that he would like to take a longer break from football and is not yet ready to return to the rigours of management. '

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/24/lucien-favre-rejects-crystal-palaces-managers-job-in-late-u-turn

Has the extra 4 months been enough? Hope so...

Edited by lexicon
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any ideas why he didn’t?

At the time he wanted to take a break from football, but that was Dec 2020, so he’s had nearly a year. May be more amenable now.

He’s my favourite, but I am slightly concerned at his age- 64.

• Like 1