The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Can someone catch me up on the last 10-15 pages. Why do we seem so sure it's going to be Gerrard? 

Because a couple of posters claiming to be ‘ITK’ who obviously aren’t. It could still be Gerrard but I wouldn’t say anyone here has solid info.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The people suggesting this Ten Hag guy need to get real, might as well suggest Pep while you're at it. Obviously we're not going to be appointing a manager who's currently tearing shit up in the Champions League, get a grip.

Pretty sure I saw someone post earlier today that we just missed out on Conte.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stargazer said:

The unique relationship we as Villa fans have/had with Smith will not be replicated in the next manager appointment. So whoever the next manager is will get my support .........

Me too. (Unless it's Gerrard)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dale said:

I thought better of NSWE. Jesus, what a shot in the dark. Hope he turns it down. 

What's the point in Lange if we just go for such an uninspired ex player who knows the CEO? 

I’m not having a go but we’re not going to get a manager who doesn’t have an element of “shot in the dark” about them. You could easily say Moyes was a shot in the dark, I doubt anyone expected him to do so well at West Ham. Similarly Brendan Rogers has surprised a few after coming back down from Celtic. An established manager from a top European league gets a top 6 job, unfortunately that’s not us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Pretty sure I saw someone post earlier today that we just missed out on Conte.

By just two or three days . . .

. . . and the certainty that he would never have accepted this job in a million years

I've probably watched 2 Rangers games on Sky since Gerrard became their manager, so I'm not going to pretend to have an informed opinion on his abilities. If he's the choice he'll get my support.

What I won't have is people claiming he single-handedly won the CL for Liverpool in 2005 when we all know it was Didi Hamann coming on at half time that changed the game 😉

Edited by rjenkins
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We should be busting a gut for potter. Not Gerrard or a journeyman. 

The same bloke who learnt his trade in the swedish league? It seems strange that a bloke with what two years at Brighton and half a season at Swansea is the right man for Villa. But if you think of Villa as a small club youll get a small manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not having a go but we’re not going to get a manager who doesn’t have an element of “shot in the dark” about them. You could easily say Moyes was a shot in the dark, I doubt anyone expected him to do so well at West Ham. Similarly Brendan Rogers has surprised a few after coming back down from Celtic. An established manager from a top European league gets a top 6 job, unfortunately that’s not us. 

An element yes... But there are candidates that are more known quantities with greater records of success out there. Favre, Fonseca, even Koeman. 

I'm not sure why some of you are against appointing SG as manager simply because he would move on to Liverpool as soon as he could. Can any of you name a top manager that thinks Villa is his endgame? We are a stepping stone club, sooner we realise that the better. I'm more than willing to give Gerrard a chance. 

• Like 4

Just now, TreeVillan said:

I'm not sure why some of you are against appointing SG as manager simply because he would move on to Liverpool as soon as he could. Can any of you name a top manager that thinks Villa is his endgame? We are a stepping stone club, sooner we realise that the better. I'm more than willing to give Gerrard a chance. 

I'm against it because it feels like Sherwood all over again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

Dean Smith……  😪