The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I can imagine new coaching staff being forced upon him by Lange and as a result ROK decided to leave. Thats probably what contributed to the tic tac. Imagine being in the worst run of your career and your right hand man for the whole of it is now gone. The very person you would have leaned on and also trusted implicitly.  

I agree that new coaches can bring new ideas but theres also a lot to be said for keeping loyal coaches with you for the not so good times 

I wouldnt disagree.  it would be hard to see Deano just deciding that the person who has been his constant companion throughout management is no longer fit for purpose?

It is OK for individuals to be given objectives and targets, however, those individuals should be able to choose what resources are needed to deliver them.  The moment you are give both your objectives and the team you are expected to deliver them with, there is a problem.  I am not ITK, but deeply suspect his scenario panned out pre-season and has caused all sorts of ripples across the team environment.

Individuals perform better when they are happy in their surroundings, its obvious this team is not performing, the question is WHY?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

AVB wants to become an international manager next and also has spoken in the past of not wanting to work in England again… If we are discussing highly rated Portuguese managers then I’d rather have Rúben Amorim from Sporting and he can bring Pedro Gonçalves with him… 

Ah drat ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t know anything about Favre admittedly. Did a bit of digging and don’t see why everyone is so excited? Average record and binned off after two seasons at Dortmund? Do people see Dortmund and just get horny because of Klopp, Haaland, etc. 

Not sure how far you read, but has a pedigree of totally reinvigorating underperforming teams and taking them from the doldrums to the upper echelons of leagues whilst bringing through youth.  He has developed players that have gone on to greater things, which is probably what has caused him the most problems as they have been poached by bigger clubs meaning he was constantly tasked with rebuilds.

None of the managers mentioned really excite me (Mancini/Favre/Zidane aside!) but he is the best of a bad lot!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

We haven’t raided West Brom for a While - how are Valérien Ismaël stats ? 

LOL all villa are short of doing is buying the office furniture out of the tesco bags office at this rate.

• Haha 1

Nobody jumps out as the obvious. But then last time it was obvious we chanted for 40 minutes for Paul Lamberts Claret and Blue Army when we played his Norwich and then hated him within 2 years. So going to try and not jump to conclusions when whoever we hire is a bit meh.

A Marco Silva type signing when he went to Hull and revolutionised them is kind of what I'm hoping for. But with more longevity and not as much of a word removed

Edited by HalfTimePost

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Few whispers on social media that we're lining up Knutsen from Bodo Glimt (the Norweigen team that just hammered Roma).

Dude has worked miracles up there, but that would be a massive gamble, and one I’m not sure I’d be prepared to make. 

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Is big sam still looking for a job???

There is a reason for that … 

Just throwing random names out there, here’s another - Gerardo Seoane from Leverkusen , though only appointed in the summer so would be difficult. 

Edited by thabucks