Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i mean...look, there is no denying all the good things Deano has done for us over the last 3 years, no denying that at all.

But right now, and for quite a while, we have been absolutely and unacceptably poor more often than not, and the excuses are running out.

Exactly. And we showed it during the championship. We went through losing spells under him. His record as a manager is exactly mid table in the divisions he's managed in. That winning run that got us in the play offs was greatly times after a run of poor results. The criticism of him at Brentford was that they went on great runs followed by shite run of games without him able to nip it in the bud. Not what we want going forward. Think he'll be gone if not now definitely in the summer if we stay up.

Definitely reeks the poisoned pixies last season and/or Lamberks Villa about us this season.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sick of this BS narrative that “we were better when the fans weren’t there” is absolute rubbish.

We were better when we had Grealish, when we didn’t we were largely shit even without the fans.

The biggest problem we have is that for three years we have been good with Grealish and shit without him despite spend £300m. People really need to wake up to that because it is just a fact.

Villa Park could be empty and we would still be struggling without Grealish because that has been the pattern for 3 years.

It isn’t the fans attendance or absence that is the problem. People need to start waking up to what the actual issue is.

I agree with this in every way it’s possible to agree with something. 

Just now, est1874 said:

I don't want Smith gone unless his replacement is an absolute genius. I don't want any **** Lampards or Gerrards coming in and acting the big fish. Give me an experienced old tactician like Mancini or someone of that ilk.

And if you think they wouldn't come here, then that tells you everything you need to know about whether or not we should stick with Smith.

Favre was a whisker away from joining Palace by all accounts, no reason Villa couldn't get him in that case. Very much in that mould and I agree, only way it'd really be worth it.