My Lineup:

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Luiz - Ramsey

Buendia - Ings - Watkins

I really hope Bailey is on the bench.

• Like 1

#Pray4Bailey 

Tough game, ive seen a few Wolves games this season and they’ve impressed me. We’ll need a big performance to beat them, they’ll be coming into this one off the back of 2 wins. Jiminez, Hwang, Trincao all looking dangerous for them, Adama of course can always exploit the likes of Targett. They dont have the most mobile of midfields,  Ramsey and McGinn will be key to us getting any success. Hopefully we’ll have Bailey back fit, possibly Sanson too.

They’d go above us with a win; this is the first game between the sides at Villa Park where we’ll have fans in so hopefully that can swing it for us.

Pray that Smith ditches the 5 at the back for this and goes 4-3-3. Wolves have some decent attacking players and have looked alright this season but we also have very good attacking players that can hurt them if Smith actually unleashes them. Could really do with a win here and a dominant performance.

If Bailey is fit, then:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Buendia Luiz McGinn

Traore Ollie Bailey

If Bailey not fit, then:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Buendia Luiz McGinn

Traore Ings Ollie

• Like 1

If you swap out Hause for Tuanzebe i wouldn't necessarily abandon the 3/5 at the back, if its a ball playing defender the progression up the field is much better unlike what we saw against Spurs where it was hit up the field and hope for the best.

Traore and Buendia both have to be pushing for a start but no idea what formation we play to get both of them in because it will have to drastically change from what we have played the last 2 games and then there is Bailey who i think we all want to see in the team but what formation do we play then?

6 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

If you swap out Hause for Tuanzebe i wouldn't necessarily abandon the 3/5 at the back, if its a ball playing defender the progression up the field is much better unlike what we saw against Spurs where it was hit up the field and hope for the best.

Traore and Buendia both have to be pushing for a start but no idea what formation we play to get both of them in because it will have to drastically change from what we have played the last 2 games and then there is Bailey who i think we all want to see in the team but what formation do we play then?

Challenge accepted!

----------------------------------Martinez------------------------------------

-----------Tuanzebe----------Konsa---------Mings-------------------

Cash------------------Luiz------------McGinn---------------Targett

---------Traore---------------Buendia------------Bailey----------------

A bit harsh on the front two, but needs must!

• Like 1

----------------------------------Martinez------------------------------------

---------------Konsa----------Hause---------Mings--------------------

Cash------------------Luiz------------McGinn---------------Targett

----------Buendia------------Watkins----------------Bailey-----------

I'd keep Hause in to compete with Jiminez in the air.

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

No Martinez or Luiz. 

Farce.

Martinez should be fine and I think he'll start - it's much more difficult for Doug - I think if he starts the last of the games fro Brazil he won't have any chance of playing, but if he's not part of the starting line up for that game then hopefully they can arrange an early release for him.

If Luiz doesn't play, a Nakamba, McGinn, Ramsey midfield with Bailey and Buendia either side would seem sensible - four at the back and the added bodies in the middle of the park gives us more balance - but it remains to be seen whether we'll drop one of the front two, I don't think he will - we might end up choosing between two up top or wingers.

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Luiz doesn't play, a Nakamba, McGinn, Ramsey midfield with Bailey and Buendia either side would seem sensible - four at the back and the added bodies in the middle of the park gives us more balance - but it remains to be seen whether we'll drop one of the front two, I don't think he will - we might end up choosing between two up top or wingers.

I don't disagree but its not as if either of the two (or the two in combination) are playing particularly well.

I do rate Danny Ings but I thought he was a strange signing - given we had Ollie and the rest of the team is not really suited to two up top as our main strategy - when we got him and I still feel that now.  I would much rather we had spent £10m less on, say, Edouard - who would have come in as good back up to Ollie - and spent that money on upgrading El Ghazi with a Damsgaard or similar.

On 06/10/2021 at 23:33, OutByEaster? said:

If we’re going to persist with two up top then we need to find a way of making 4-4-2 work for us, we have too much strength in wide players to not utilise them and there’s just no way they can work in a 3-at-the-back system (without sacrificing Ings or Watkins).

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If we’re going to persist with two up top then we need to find a way of making 4-4-2 work for us, we have too much strength in wide players to not utilise them and there’s just no way they can work in a 3-at-the-back system (without sacrificing Ings or Watkins).

Yep, if Watkins is never going to start left of a 3 then it's either 2 up top or wingers unless we go 4--4-1-1 with ings behind Watkins or 4-4-2. If we play 4-4-2 then I think it would have to be a diamond as we'd get killed with just 2 in midfield against most decent sides. But then we might as well play with wing backs as we wouldn't be playing our wingers.

Drop one of the front two though, and we've got a bunch of options.

4-1-4-1 or push the wingers up and it's a 4-3-3.

1390631349_lineup(2).png.6380c39a978153fac9d7607db3967d1a.png

There's Chukwuemeka, Archer, JPB etc. too knocking on the door but I think we'd play some nice footy like that. 

We could also play a 3 at the back if we abandon the two up top which also looks somewhat tasty:

145626145_lineup(3).png.dcdea3a5b533bf37cd1aba5fcc11b2bb.png

We'd need both the wingers to tuck in and help out the midfield though when we didn't have the ball. 

I have no idea what our best XI is or how they line up :D

• Like 1