Football Manager 2022

Villaphan04

Anyone tried or found a decent "realism" skin for blocking attributes, etc? Have tried the Mustermann one but looks like some better quality ones were knocking about for last years game.

Wouldn't mind if SI added something like this themselves at some point as a difficulty option. Have found the last few games bit too easy and gets boring pretty quick.

On 02/12/2021 at 18:31, tomsky_11 said:

Anyone tried doing a network game on this one?

Have started one with @lexicon and a non-VTer and it's going pretty well so far. I've not even bothered with a solo game yet this version. First network game I've done since we tried to get one going on here about 10 years ago (think @TrentVilla, @rhyscartwright_avfc, @avfcDJ @AVFC-Prideofbrum and a few others were involved or tried to get involved in that one)

This game we've all started in 2. Bundesliga, me as St. Pauli, @lexicon as Paderborn and the non-VTer as Fortuna Dusseldorf.

A five-way battle for most of the first season and some final day drama with 3rd place St Pauli hosting Fortuna in 1st culminated in St. Pauli gaining automatic promotion in 2nd with a 3-2 final day win, Fortuna in 3rd promoted via the playoff with a 2-1 win 2nd leg victory against Stuttgart, and Paderborn just missing out in 4th.

We're now about a third of the way into our second season. @lexicon's Paderborn sit unbeaten atop of 2. Bundesliga and look set to rejoin us in the Bundesliga for 2023-24. My St. Pauli side and the non-VTer's Fortuna are 9th and 11th respectively, looking for solid midtable finishes for our first season in the big league.

Second season summary:

- @lexicon won Bundesliga 2 with Paderborn to join me and the non-VTer in Bundesliga for season three

- Non-VTer got annoyed by his board and jumped ship from Dusseldorf in November despite having just snuck into the European places, joining a struggling Hertha Berlin. Proceeded to lose 4 of first 5 games in charge and was one game from the sack. Spent €120m on January transfers including Yusef Demir, Thiago Almada and Yacine Adli. Lost two games for remainder of the season. Finished 8th, two places and one point outside the European places.

- I followed suit and left St Pauli late in January while sitting just outside the European places to take over a struggling Monchengladbach. Spent around €15m on deadline day, mostly on young Brazilian centre-back Kaiky. Also took Moukoko on loan, as well as ruthlessly taking over St Pauli's season long loan of Marko Bulat from Dinamo Zagreb. Consistently inconsistent remainder of season saw me finish 7th, equal on points with Hertha, missing out on European place thanks to a Freiburg equaliser 25 minutes from the end of the season.

Six games into the third season now. BMG in 2nd having not lost and only conceded once, annoyingly to @lexicon's Paderborn. Hertha in 8th. Paderborn 13th after wins against Bochum and Dusseldorf. Hopefully get through the third season soon after a bit of a break and into Europe for season four.

19 hours ago, VBM said:

4 Seasons into my Villa save, 4 champions league qualifications, one UEFA cup, one FA Cup, one league cup and just about to clinch my first league, which has been hard as Man City (under Klopp btw) have been beastly.  Very satisfying, particularly as once all my wonderkids mature I'll be unbeatable. 

Chuck, both Ramsey's, KKH all total shit in this save, Barry ok, but is basically a squad / quota filler. 

for me chuk is best of the lot. barry played a few games for me but i flogged him. the ramseys and KKH are poor in mine too. KKH in particular...think he had a potential ability of around 120 in mine. the ramseys around the 140 mark

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I will do this justice. So as said, I got Sunderland promoted and my form was OK, had a good run that got me to 7th and then it was a case of not clicking - so I made a few signings in Jan (and I have a thing where I will sell players if a good bid comes in) so I have made a lot from transfers to reinvest and have looked for good value. But the tactics were suddenly not working so I sat and rebuilt and after a 2-0 win against Palace, I only lost one game (and drew two (one when my striker was sent off) and won 9 games (inc putting 6 past Villa and Leicester) which lead to me with Everton in 4th and me in 5th, they had Spurs at home - I beat Burnley and they lost - and SOMEHOW, in my first season I got champions league. Honestly, one of my favourite seasons I have ever done!

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm 100% sure the game messes with you in hidden ways. 

Firstly I'm sure there are "special" players in the game. I got one such player in my youth intake first season this save. Straight away rated 5* PA and never dropped even as my team got to the winning champions leagues must years stage. Model citizen personality, determination 20.  His stats we just OK until he was about 26 but he always had the description "world class midfielder". The thing is he would score a few absolute worldies a season, you know those special type of goals that come around once every 1000 goals or something. Deep into extra time champions league, this guy would casually volley one in from the half way line, away at Anfield last game of the season for the title, sublime chip in off the post. I'm convinced there is a hidden attribute for "son of god" or something. It is not a stats / attribute thing, it is a magic dust thing. This guy has it. 

This same save though, I have lost 18/19 penalty shootouts, including 17 straight. Not even close either, regularly missing the first 3/4 etc.  Nothing wrong with composure or penalty taking stats. Absolute beast of a team with 24 world class or elite level players in the year 2035 and I train penalties before potential matches that could go to shootouts. Never had this on any save before and I don't think the RNG element can be at play here. I think SI have a thing where they randomly say this save is going to punish you mentally and make you question your very sanity. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Started a new save in Ukraine as a building a nation type save. Never tried anything like it before (normally I'm scrambling around in the lower English tiers), so interested to see how it'll be building champions League teams, and farming out players to league rivals to make them stronger in Europe.

Top of the league at the halfway point, having beaten Shaktar and Kiev due to them having depleted teams after European games, but will see if I can hold on once they recover

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Started a new save in Ukraine as a building a nation type save. Never tried anything like it before (normally I'm scrambling around in the lower English tiers), so interested to see how it'll be building champions League teams, and farming out players to league rivals to make them stronger in Europe.

Top of the league at the halfway point, having beaten Shaktar and Kiev due to them having depleted teams after European games, but will see if I can hold on once they recover

Who are you?

• 1 month later...

So I have a save going still from before the winter update (and I hadn't really gotten around to playing it) and there's been a crazy managerial hotseat go around. 

Barcelona fired Xavi after a takeover (ha) and hired Bielsa, United hired Allegri from Juve, who then went out to get Pep from City, who then went to get Bielsa from Barca, who got Inzaghi from Inter, who just went and got Simeone from Atleti. 

madness

I'm in 2028 with villa, team is

Regen

Kimmich bastoni gvardiol Hernandez 

Rice

Regen* bellingham

Griezmann Lewandowski Regen*

The two * regens are from the golden generation perk and have both won golden boy

Got a ton of world class potential regens on the bench and immobile, did have a clean out of regens to get some older heads in, sold £250m worth of players in summer 2027 at a profit of circa £220m

And I can't finish higher than 7th...im in the ECL and doing well, knocked out the cups, 7th is a challenge, beat utd 5-0 and Chelsea 4-0 but have zero consistency, its a proper real life villa team, lose games from 2 up with 10 mins left, lose to bottom of the league, its infuriating 

Lewandowski took 132 games to get to 100 PL goals including 40 goals in a season

For anyone who wants to play with updated transfers:

https://fmtransferupdate.com/

I'm sure someone will release a promotion/relegation database pretty soon after it's all resolved anyway. I often just do the 'football league' ones myself as it doesn't take long at all.

Only problem is no budgets are updated so if you want to be able to sell players and see a few different moves than the standard these would probably have to be changed too.

IDK if it's easy to bulk shorten contract lengths by a year but if it is (so anyone with a year left is reflected in their value) it should change the dynamic of the early windows quite a lot. Also, in the same vein, it would be great if you can bulk push back signing dates by a year (whether transfer or new contract) so that players signed last summer will move too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2022 at 00:44, tomsky_11 said:

Second season summary:

- @lexicon won Bundesliga 2 with Paderborn to join me and the non-VTer in Bundesliga for season three

- Non-VTer got annoyed by his board and jumped ship from Dusseldorf in November despite having just snuck into the European places, joining a struggling Hertha Berlin. Proceeded to lose 4 of first 5 games in charge and was one game from the sack. Spent €120m on January transfers including Yusef Demir, Thiago Almada and Yacine Adli. Lost two games for remainder of the season. Finished 8th, two places and one point outside the European places.

- I followed suit and left St Pauli late in January while sitting just outside the European places to take over a struggling Monchengladbach. Spent around €15m on deadline day, mostly on young Brazilian centre-back Kaiky. Also took Moukoko on loan, as well as ruthlessly taking over St Pauli's season long loan of Marko Bulat from Dinamo Zagreb. Consistently inconsistent remainder of season saw me finish 7th, equal on points with Hertha, missing out on European place thanks to a Freiburg equaliser 25 minutes from the end of the season.

Six games into the third season now. BMG in 2nd having not lost and only conceded once, annoyingly to @lexicon's Paderborn. Hertha in 8th. Paderborn 13th after wins against Bochum and Dusseldorf. Hopefully get through the third season soon after a bit of a break and into Europe for season four.

How do network games work? Asynchronously until you face a human opponent or always in synch with all having to be online? Never tried one despite playing since the original CM days. 

Just got back to it after a few years hiatus and trying my hand at some LLM with Chester at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leon Bailey just came into my office demanding a new contract (still got 2.5 years left). Told him we'd talk about it the end of the season. He was offended and said a new contract now or he leaves. So I told him to piss off and transfer listed him for 79m. Chelsea interested.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm on villa save number 3 on FM 2022 and Bailey has done the same on each save, does absolutely nothing in year 1, moans like ****, gets a big move to someone like psg and then completely disappears 

I had him as my main main on the right in my save, but he kept getting injured, so I mostly played Buendia there. Shoved him of for lots of millions at the end of the season as I felt there was no way I could get him to contribute regularly anyways. 

Ended the season in 3rd and sold off quite a few of the regulars for upgrades in season 2. Then I uninstalled. 😅

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm on villa save number 3 on FM 2022 and Bailey has done the same on each save, does absolutely nothing in year 1, moans like ****, gets a big move to someone like psg and then completely disappears 

Juve brought him for £79m. Good-bye, little angry ego man.

Â