Football Manager 2022

Villaphan04

It appears as though the version we have known as Touch until now is essentially a Switch exclusive. 

What makes it worse is that the Mobile version 22 appears to be more of the same as previous versions, it's not that they're massively upgrading Mobile or anything. 

On 21/10/2021 at 14:20, hogso said:

It appears as though the version we have known as Touch until now is essentially a Switch exclusive. 

What makes it worse is that the Mobile version 22 appears to be more of the same as previous versions, it's not that they're massively upgrading Mobile or anything. 

That’s really annoying 

I also play the Touch version so really disappointed with the news. I did try it on Switch before but just couldn't get on with using the controls - the screen on my tablet is also far better and I'm just more likely to take it around the house and elsewhere.

I'm wondering about getting the Xbox version as apparently I can stream that to my tablet, but I'm assuming I'd still have to use my Xbox controller rather than any touchscreen functionality - can anyone confirm either way?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing it on game pass, it's a bit fiddly but OK, at the same time there's no way I'm sinking 100+ hours in to this version

Started as villa which is something I never do, sold el ghazi and Targett, bought in calafiori, darmsgaard, Alvarez, cherki, didn't sort out the defence or the midfield or get a back up keeper 🤦‍♂️ 2 youngsters from dortmund too coming next summer 

Was thinking I should have started a Newcastle game but it was hard with villa, a lot of good players weren't interested in joining 

On 21/10/2021 at 08:25, villa4europe said:

**** that, thats me out and not very happy about it, mobile is gash

it'll be the first one i havent played since championship manager 2 

How it started

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'm playing it on game pass

How it's going

• Haha 4

Tried in on the xcloud or whatever its called, its not touchscreen and probably more to do with my Internet it's also not particularly good

If I'm honest PSTV was better 5+ years ago

Edit - picture quality is awesome, speed isnt

Edited by villa4europe

I'm at the start of April 2022,just had the nxtgen top 50 wonderkid awards come up, the game just told me who the best 50 kids in world football are

It was too easy to get all the young talent anyway, that seems like a bad addition

Manually scouted the 20 odd that I'd never heard of and will buy a couple 

finished my first year as villa, finished 5th comfortably, watkins got top scorer with 23 and we were the leagues top scorers, i had the same problem that i had at the start of last years game lots of 3-2s and 5-4s stuff like that, i had 3 players score direct free kicks which was a first for me, 4 players get 10+ goals

got in damsgaard on a loan to buy (and bought him 2nd season) cherki loan to buy (and didnt) calafiori at LB and sold targett, kaiky a 17 year old brazilian CB who joined in december, binoe gittens who joins in july 2022 and then in January i signed a 19 year old spanish RB called frances, loaned puig in jan but he got injured for 3 months, the main signing was alvarez he is a beast

martinez

cash - konsa - mings - calafiori

mcginn - luiz

bailey - buendia - alvarez

watkins

i found that if you let the assistant pick he will always put ings in instead of watkins, shakespeare joined arsenal in march, hard to replace him as there arent a lot of AMs on my game, got bergkamp in

got 2nd season blues though, in the summer i sold 17 players* bought in madueke (?) from PSV, young keeper from stoke who looks good and then a few more teenagers including 2 from that nxtgen announcement, good looking striker called something like sesko, only got £40m transfer budget, still havent got my killer CM, spent the summer looking at a guy from huesca who my scouts gave 5 stars and his contract was expiring but his numbers didnt look right, nothing above 15, i finally put a contract offer in and real madrid came in and signed him 🙄

*the biggest disappointment is once again chuk is the only one of our youngsters who is 5 star, kesler is 4.5,  Pbidace is fighting for 3.5, all the others were 2 or 3, louie barry was 2

• Like 1

Bought every FM from '09-'19, but skipped out on 20 & 21.  Picked up '22 this weekend and just wrapped up my obligatory first season with Villa, while trying to figure out all the new features.  

I love the changes to the scouting system.  

On 15/11/2021 at 02:28, villa4europe said:

finished my first year as villa, finished 5th comfortably, watkins got top scorer with 23 and we were the leagues top scorers, i had the same problem that i had at the start of last years game lots of 3-2s and 5-4s stuff like that, i had 3 players score direct free kicks which was a first for me, 4 players get 10+ goals

got in damsgaard on a loan to buy (and bought him 2nd season) cherki loan to buy (and didnt) calafiori at LB and sold targett, kaiky a 17 year old brazilian CB who joined in december, binoe gittens who joins in july 2022 and then in January i signed a 19 year old spanish RB called frances, loaned puig in jan but he got injured for 3 months, the main signing was alvarez he is a beast

martinez

cash - konsa - mings - calafiori

mcginn - luiz

bailey - buendia - alvarez

watkins

i found that if you let the assistant pick he will always put ings in instead of watkins, shakespeare joined arsenal in march, hard to replace him as there arent a lot of AMs on my game, got bergkamp in

got 2nd season blues though, in the summer i sold 17 players* bought in madueke (?) from PSV, young keeper from stoke who looks good and then a few more teenagers including 2 from that nxtgen announcement, good looking striker called something like sesko, only got £40m transfer budget, still havent got my killer CM, spent the summer looking at a guy from huesca who my scouts gave 5 stars and his contract was expiring but his numbers didnt look right, nothing above 15, i finally put a contract offer in and real madrid came in and signed him 🙄

*the biggest disappointment is once again chuk is the only one of our youngsters who is 5 star, kesler is 4.5,  Pbidace is fighting for 3.5, all the others were 2 or 3, louie barry was 2

It's a little different in my save.  Did you upgrade your assistant manager to one with better judging PA skills, to get you close to the actual PAs?

• Chuk - 5
  • Kesler, & Chrisene - 4.5
  • Barry, A. Ramsey, & Bogarde (after 1st season jumped) - 4
  • J. Ramsey, Archer, 3.5
  • JPB - 3

I'm in the middle of my second season and Barry is topping the League 2 scoring charts.

2nd season with villa started terrible but ended up awesome

Up until Xmas was shite in the league, really shit, was about 15th, sailed through the EL groups and made the league Cup semi final, was probably lucky Qatar wipes out november and December cos I was in trouble, in Jan sign szoboszlai and b. Kamara on the never never, £100m paid some time in the future... Won the league Cup, beat Liverpool, still shit in the league finishing 11th and losing more than I won... Won the EL beating AC Milan 4-0 in the final, won the FA Cup beating Chelsea in the semi and spurs in the final

In to summer number 3, Bailey starts to moan that he wants to join a big club so he's gone to PSG, didn't even start for me so no worries there, mings has gone to Newcastle... The nxtgen thing came round again and I signed 3x 16 year olds for a combined £10m...then I decided to treat myself to Robert Lewandowski... 😂😂 £140k a week, £60k appearance and goal bonus, £5m signing bonus, we'll see how that goes 

• Like 3

overhaul in the summer, usual villa problem for me i no longer have any current villa players! im down to konsa, luiz, watkins, kesler and chuk sometimes making the bench

sold mcginn which took some doing as he didnt want to leave, sold martinez, sold ramsey, calafiori at a big profit and then a load left out of contract, bought in a turkish keeper from trabz who looks really good, marcos antonio from shakhtar, yusuf demir on the cheap, theo hernandez, loads of kids, then pre season kaiky broke his ankle so i panic bought de vrij on the last day he's good enough for the 1st team but 31 on a 3 year deal

cakir

frances - de vrij - kamara - hernandez

marcos antonio - szboszlai

darmsgaard - buendia - madueke

lewandowski

bench is usually bursic, konsa, luiz, demir, chuk, mbama (belgian wonderkid) watkins, sesic (came 2nd in nxtgen 2022) alvarez (who has dropped off a cliff after a great 1st season)

madueke is on fire, 6 goals in 5 games, he's a brilliant player, lewandowski is 5 in 6 all headers and he missed a penalty on his home debut, won the super cup but lost the charity shield, my xG is through the roof, played 4 league games beat spurs, chelsea, bournemouth but lost at home to brighton

newcastle have been relegated and then promoted, i've got bournemouth, reading, sheffield utd in the PL, leeds got 5th in year 2

Â