Football Manager 2022

Villaphan04

unboxed it today. think my game is broken. 22 games into my villa save, 2nd in the league! beat arsenal 4-0 away, city 5-0 at home, chelsea away too. job security: untouchable

didn't even do much in the transfer market but newcastle are after all my players. tied emi down though on a new contract and sold el ghazi for 15m

oh i'm in the carabao cup final too

edit: won the carabao cup. 2 down at half time to city too, sanson with an 89th min winner. who incidentally, is a **** goal machine for me. joint highest with 12

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 2

Jacob Ramsey is a revelation in this game if you give him a chance. He's not got the greatest stats but he's a massive goal threat for me as a 'Mezzala'. Like a young Frank Lampard.

Louie Barry is pretty decent too in 2nd season.

4 hours ago, MCU said:

How does this play on an Xbox/using a controller?

2 ways, via the thumb sticks to select menus and then d pad to move through the sub menus or press I think L3 to convert it to a thumb stick cursor with then buttons for various things 

Its fiddly but OK, there's a couple of stupid things but it's manageable 

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Jacob Ramsey is a revelation in this game if you give him a chance. He's not got the greatest stats but he's a massive goal threat for me as a 'Mezzala'. Like a young Frank Lampard.

Has not been great for me but chuk has been excellent on mine.  Has been scoring goals for fun.

This fm 2022 is very buggy. Crashes alot and kicks you out system.

I also must say i absolutely hate the tactics screen when you make a sub during a game. Its absolutely dreadful

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

i've loaned ramsey out on mine. pretty well stacked in CM so can afford to

worth bearing in mind though is that player ability/potential ability is randomized for each game (i believe). you player abilities start between a certain range, so your jacob ramsey might be a lot better and have more potential than mine

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

2 ways, via the thumb sticks to select menus and then d pad to move through the sub menus or press I think L3 to convert it to a thumb stick cursor with then buttons for various things 

Its fiddly but OK, there's a couple of stupid things but it's manageable 

I see what you mean, does seem fiddly but getting used to it. Using the cursor at the moment.

I got bored of my Villa game so restarted. Tried one of the challenges. It was a save the team one, started in mid feb so I think it was 15 games left. Team were bottom with 10 points, worst defence and worst attack, no wins all season. 

I Dodd it with Arsenal, won 13 of the 15, with 2 draws. Finished 14th. Carried on into the next season where I won the league. Saka is immense, as is Smith Rowe. I signed Adeyemi. Goal machine. 38 in 22

i've moved on to a topple fergie easy game with PSG, mainly because i wanted to sign haaland and see if he was and mind blowingly good as he was on last years game

they're easy but at the same time take a lot of work, they're got a lot of shite in their squad to shift

failed in the first window as i had to buy some depth elsewhere and dortmund accepted my cash + icardi deal but he refused to move, i'll get him in jan

Qualified for the Champions League in my first season. 

End of the season Matt Cash comes to see me, he is very annoyed that I have been playing him in the right back position, with a role of complete wing back. He wants to play full back. I tell him no. He slams in a transfer request and moves to Rangers for £35m. 

So yeah realism as good as ever. 

• Haha 3

On 13/01/2022 at 10:01, VBM said:

Qualified for the Champions League in my first season. 

End of the season Matt Cash comes to see me, he is very annoyed that I have been playing him in the right back position, with a role of complete wing back. He wants to play full back. I tell him no. He slams in a transfer request and moves to Rangers for £35m. 

So yeah realism as good as ever. 

That's why I actually like touch, they can't put all of that shit in 

And my assistant is Bergkamp, the downside to touch is you have hardly any coaching team options 

On 09/01/2022 at 17:22, VillaAlex said:

Bought Ramsey for Sunderland as Villa loaned him to me, then he went back into their reserves and was unhappy so I snapped him up. 

Time to give our expectations for next season. 

Me:I think we can qualify for the champions league.

Players: OMG no how dare you. you are setting us up to fail :( We are sad!

Shame there is no option for "lads I've been here two seasons, we've finished 4th and 3rd. We got to the  quarters of that competition last year.  You pack of bitches. But no, I have to back down and suggest the Euro cup.

Urgh. Why can't SI sort this out?

44 minutes ago, VBM said:

Time to give our expectations for next season. 

Me:I think we can qualify for the champions league.

Players: OMG no how dare you. you are setting us up to fail :( We are sad!

Shame there is no option for "lads I've been here two seasons, we've finished 4th and 3rd. We got to the  quarters of that competition last year.  You pack of bitches. But no, I have to back down and suggest the Euro cup.

Urgh. Why can't SI sort this out?

All player interactions are ridiculous. I often save the game before ones I'm forced to do purely as I know they're unpredictable and can easily blow up into ridiculous situations. 

I had a player kicking off and wanting to be sold as his contract was running down with 6 months left and he was worried he wouldn't get a renewal. He wouldn't sign a new deal because of this and eventually signed for another team. Sadly there was no option to tell him he was eligible for citizenship in 5 months and wouldn't need a work permit anymore. 

Player interactions generally only add negatives to the game in my opinion and I'd be happy never having to do them. Same as press conferences, which are also boring and repetitive. I'd give them to my AM but I've done that before and he upset people more then I did. 

• Like 1

Â