Football Manager 2022

Villaphan04

The next edition of FM sort of announced.... Will also be on the Xbox Series X/S console & game pass as well as Steam and the usual other places

Football Manager 2022 - Release Date - Nov 9th

Will be interesting to see what the new features will be. I know they mentioned adding female players & leagues, but I'd think that would be a few years down the line in terms of finalizing a database. 

I might be wrong here but is the xbox version the same as the pc version or stripped down more like touch? 

Because I'll be playing touch on the ipad and last year that came out about a month later than the pc game 

Usually start with arsenal but this year I'm really tempted to do a lower league game and try and loan / buy some of the villa academy, maybe play as Ipswich seeing as they've already got Barry 

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

The next edition of FM sort of announced.... Will also be on the Xbox Series X/S console & game pass as well as Steam and the usual other places

Football Manager 2022 - Release Date - Nov 9th

Will be interesting to see what the new features will be. I know they mentioned adding female players & leagues, but I'd think that would be a few years down the line in terms of finalizing a database. 

the database is probably the easy part. understanding the women's game behind the scenes is probably the hard part because it definitely appears different from the mens. short contracts, fewer actual cash transfers.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I might be wrong here but is the xbox version the same as the pc version or stripped down more like touch? 

Because I'll be playing touch on the ipad and last year that came out about a month later than the pc game 

Usually start with arsenal but this year I'm really tempted to do a lower league game and try and loan / buy some of the villa academy, maybe play as Ipswich seeing as they've already got Barry 

What The Fuck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What The Fuck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

they did have some of the best scouts in the game and if they're a 5 star wonderkid for arsenal then they'd be good enough for villa in a future game, first thing i do is scour the world and find the stars

the thing this year is a huge number of them have seemingly moved in real life so the usual suspects wont be available and arsenal have sacked a lot of scouts

but arsenal is a decent game, big club on their ass, money comes eventually, they only need 2 or 3 key signings and then development of the youth, its always a nice easy start to ease myself in to the game, everything i do on game one is a learning curve for a villa game as game two, i've binned loads of villa saves off in the past i cant start with them, by the time i get to villa i'll know who the best young bargain DMC on the game is, then i'll do a big team and go for the hall of fame, 2021 its with dortmund and an absolutely insane Haaland, i've managed messi and ronaldo on previous games on purpose to have some fun, i've never got close to what haaland is doing on my 2021 dortmund save he's getting 50 league goals a year somewhere between 75 and 80 in total each year its ridiculous, front 4 of haaland, sancho, mbappe and aouar with camavinga and milenkovic savic as a midfield 2

I'm petty, but I can't play FM as any other Premier League side than Villa.

My first games are always Villa and then I move into more obscure leagues.  My focus is almost always on youth players and investing in the youth setup etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I'm petty, but I can't play FM as any other Premier League side than Villa.

My first games are always Villa and then I move into more obscure leagues.  My focus is almost always on youth players and investing in the youth setup etc.

agreed, i just cannot enjoy playing as anyone else. i'm still on the same villa save i started with on FM2021. god knows what year i'm in but if i get sacked i'll just start again. boring i know.

Put it another way.Its a game about managing a football team.If your going to add player personalities and keeping the main player happy while also keeping harmony in the dressing room then I think that is going too far( for my taste anyway ) I dont know for sure but I would not be suprised if Football manager Classic/Touch is more popular than the full game.IMHO most people ( including me ) just want the parts you need to creat a team ( which includes buying/selling players ) tactics and then watch the game.I dont think there are many people that want the press,negioting contracts,keepinh agents happy and that sort of thing.

If they keep going the way they are we will soon have to keep the tea lady happy as well as get the lawnmower serviced (All part of bieng a football manager ) or, a real one anyway. 

• Haha 1

I do get what you mean - I was just being an arse 😁

Fwiw I echo @villa4europe's suggestion about FM Touch. That's what I play and I think the balance is largely really good. Just wish I could load a bigger database and selection of leagues - I know my tablet could handle it so that's the only part that's a bit shit.

• Like 1

Just now, Troglodyte said:

I do get what you mean - I was just being an arse 😁

Fwiw I echo @villa4europe's suggestion about FM Touch. That's what I play and I think the balance is largely really good. Just wish I could load a bigger database and selection of leagues - I know my tablet could handle it so that's the only part that's a bit shit.

Yeah see I though the xbox version was based on touch bit with the power giving it a huge database, that would be perfect for me

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah see I though the xbox version was based on touch bit with the power giving it a huge database, that would be perfect for me

So Xbox still has the same database as touch?

I like the portability of the tablet but think you can play Xbox on it, so would be interested in giving that a whirl if I could essentially get an improved version of FMT that way. If it's the same though then there's no point. 

It annoys me that a company SI,who MUST know that there is a lot of players that want the ability to add leagues and custom database to touch but they choose to ignore these customers.Another thing that brasses me off is that the FM 13/14/15/16 and 17 versions ALL had Classis as part of the package.Now Classic is gone (replaced by touch ) and its a different product with its owne price tag.Talk about a rip off ?! 

• 1 month later...
Â