Football Manager 2022

Villaphan04

On 07/01/2022 at 22:13, Milfner said:

Was offered the Villa job after Danny Cowley took the England job. I said no (I can never really bring myself to move during saves), and Gareth Southgate too over. 

First two games of the season and I’ve lost 4-1 and 3-0 to City and Liverpool. Next up is Newcastle who’ve spent over a billion in six years. 

I think what I’ve learnt from this transfer window is to try to hold my nerve. I tried to get my squad sorted early, and it’s ended up with me over spending massively on a free transfer and a centre mid and now there’s much better available for half the price. The agent offers you get on the scouting up really are a godsend. 

Stayed up on goal difference. Big old slog that season. Gotta somehow try to stay up again with a tiny budget. 

Got Haaland in January, £110m 

Scored 11 goals in his first 4 games so yeah I'm going to say already that he's an absolute beast

PSG is still a weirder game than it should be, a lot of absolute dross, no youth prospects but an excellent youth set up so end of year 1 I should get a handful of wonderkids

In - calafiori, nianzou, Haaland, almada and then Curtis Jones and rodrygo on loan

Out - krehrer, diallo, Di Maria, kurzawa, dagba, Rico, Simon, fadiga, rafinha, Gueye, icardi, danilo, draxler, paredes, bernat

Net spend of about £60m but £600k a week off the wage bill

Edit - its also really easy to get mbappe to sign a new deal, first thing I did, £500k a week with obscene bonuses 

Edited by villa4europe

On my latest save, I decided to set that in always looking for a new job (I didn’t realise you could do until when I was messing about with settings). Got offered Real Madrid job after 5 games of the second season.
Odsonne Edouard of Palace had just signed and never played. My tactic suits him well… 33 goals in 12 games.. it’s mental. The Madrid squad is so good it’s too easy, but as with most European teams it’s such a big squad

this will totally **** my whole FM strategy...though at least it's only players aged 22 and over affected

New regulations that cap the number of international loans in and out of football clubs are set to come into force in July, in an attempt to prevent teams from stockpiling talent.

The new rules, announced by FIFA on Thursday, will see clubs limited to a maximum of eight international loan signings in and eight loaned out.

This total will drop to seven ahead of the 2023-24 season and remain at six from 2024-25 and beyond.

The rules do not cover domestic loans — but FIFA has said national associations must bring their own regulations in line within three years. So by July 1, 2025 at the latest.

But not every player will be impacted by the new rules. The incoming regulations will not apply to players aged 21 and younger, while club-trained players will also be exempt.

The regulations are expected to be given final approval by the FIFA Council. They were originally due to be implemented ahead of the 2020-21 season but were delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The changes are part of a wider reform of the transfer system which FIFA instigated in 2017.

https://theathletic.com/news/fifa-announces-new-loan-rules-to-clamp-down-on-player-hoarding/wuM4m5NzCPic/

• Like 1

Anyone ever do a game with any extras activated? 

If they patch coutinho in I'm tempted to do another villa game but with all players interested, golden generation and create a son or whatever that ones called activated but I've never done it before and not sure how well it works

Said before my problem with a Villa game is that after around 5 years I have a whole new squad, zero existing players and I never get anything out of the academy (seriously in 20+ years playing this game I've never had a wonderkid regen out of villa) so I get bored of us 

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said before my problem with a Villa game is that after around 5 years I have a whole new squad, zero existing players and I never get anything out of the academy (seriously in 20+ years playing this game I've never had a wonderkid regen out of villa) so I get bored of us 

Hmm - this was usually the case for me, but playing my first save of 2022 and I am getting utterly ridiculous wonderkids coming through - got 4 in one year. I have two 17 year old's out on loan CA 2, PA5. Both beasts with 19 & 20 determination.

The others look equally good but I'm having to retrain them as they are in positions I don't use.  

• Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 18:54, villa4europe said:

Anyone ever do a game with any extras activated? 

If they patch coutinho in I'm tempted to do another villa game but with all players interested, golden generation and create a son or whatever that ones called activated but I've never done it before and not sure how well it works

Odd I always get quite a few. I always invest in the academy though, make sure I upgrade the facilities both training and youth, get a gold badges youth coach, acquire as a many affiliate clubs as possible. Then I loan out everyone in the reserves. Following season normally have at least one current player who is good enough to promote to first team squad and I give them game time (last couple of years it’s been Chrisene). After that I normally see a regular flow come through. In last years game, after about 5 seasons, I’d get a wonder kid every year, so at 16 are already worth £30m+. 
I always make sure I play a lot of young players and sell older as well, so in my stats it always shows high on youth. 

I do play on mobile so it may that as well. 

Just had my best ever game on this. Carabao Cup final 3rd season in, 2-0 down and destined to lose. I bring on Baumgartner who I signed the previous season who was signed as a utility player and has never really performed. Comes on, sets up a goal for 2-1 (87 mins), and then scores an 89th min equaliser. He then goes on to score the winner in the 118th minute of extra time, I then lose my striker for the last 5 minutes but manage to hold on.

I had only just played Liverpool a few weeks before and lost 6-0, where Haaland destroyed me. Quite proud as I don't have the best team, and trying to play a bit realistically bringing through youth. The only wonderkid I have is Yusuf Demir but he doesn't really perform compared to his supposed ability. 

Nathan Wood is a brilliant young centre back!

2068561953_Screenshot2022-01-28at20_37_59.thumb.jpg.b43ae74b66416dab5febd4f41b7b73ef.jpg

Edited by VillaAlex
  • Like 1

On 16/01/2022 at 22:07, Milfner said:

Stayed up on goal difference. Big old slog that season. Gotta somehow try to stay up again with a tiny budget. 

Stayed up by the skin of my teeth again! 

Only managed to win 6 games all year and couldn't stop drawing. 91st minute winner away at Villa to keep the boys up, heart was absolutely pounding as my striker went through on goal! 

I think this is the year I start to push on, I bought way too many young players last year and the inexperience/inconsistency killed me. Only need to buy 4ish players now, rather than 6-7 so I can spend larger chunks on each player.

On 20/01/2022 at 09:04, Demitri_C said:

Anyone found any hidden gems on this game yet?

the way the game works (i believe) is that players ability and potential are essentially randomised each game between a certain range so a gem on one game will not necessarily be a gem on another

for me, my best signings for relatively cheap were:

jaime seoane - 8.5m

george bello - 5m

sivert mannersverk - 3.5m

nathan wood - 6.5m

pierre kalulu - 9m

he's expensive, but get dwight mcneil too. got him for 30m when burnley got relegated and he's class on my game. got sarr too when watford went down but he never starts over mcneil

On 29/01/2022 at 09:52, Milfner said:

Stayed up by the skin of my teeth again! 

Only managed to win 6 games all year and couldn't stop drawing. 91st minute winner away at Villa to keep the boys up, heart was absolutely pounding as my striker went through on goal! 

I think this is the year I start to push on, I bought way too many young players last year and the inexperience/inconsistency killed me. Only need to buy 4ish players now, rather than 6-7 so I can spend larger chunks on each player.

Think I'm done with my Barrow save. Can't attract the players, can't win games. Just 7 points from my first 10 this year (however this is the first season where I'm only losing by one every game rather than 2, 3 or 4). Just worked out I've won just 15 games of 86 since I've been promoted. **** knows how I'm still in the league tbh, but it's just boring now. 

7 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Think I'm done with my Barrow save. Can't attract the players, can't win games. Just 7 points from my first 10 this year (however this is the first season where I'm only losing by one every game rather than 2, 3 or 4). Just worked out I've won just 15 games of 86 since I've been promoted. **** knows how I'm still in the league tbh, but it's just boring now. 

I'm not playing FM 2022 (currently on FM 2020 in the Indian league trying to get an Indian side as the best in Asia - it's **** solid :D) but from memory of my Solihull Moors save I got promoted to the Premier League, basically took the money and got relegated immediately.  Bounced straight back and from then on just built up relatively quickly and easily.  The money you get allows you to big up some very decent younger players from the bigger clubs, particularly when released at the end of the season.  Also raid those South American and lesser European countries for their highly rated talents (mostly regens, of course, because they're the most fun!).

As an example, I signed an amazing looking Brazilian player for £1m from a Brazilian side.  He obviously had no work permit so I put him on the loan list.  Only went to Real Madrid :D.  I was able to get a work permit sorted the season after and he's been one of the best strikers in the league since - even as a left winger at times.

I find the main thing as a lower income/reputation club is the sheer amount of time needed to trawl clubs looking for talents... but that's also the part of the game I enjoy the most.

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

the way the game works (i believe) is that players ability and potential are essentially randomised each game between a certain range so a gem on one game will not necessarily be a gem on another

for me, my best signings for relatively cheap were:

jaime seoane - 8.5m

george bello - 5m

sivert mannersverk - 3.5m

nathan wood - 6.5m

pierre kalulu - 9m

he's expensive, but get dwight mcneil too. got him for 30m when burnley got relegated and he's class on my game. got sarr too when watford went down but he never starts over mcneil

That is correct, but only young players have the range and I'm pretty sure it's mostly ones that don't have enough game time for the FM guys to be very sure. So Bellingham for example is likely to have fixed potential, whereas Chukwuemeka wouldn't.

The likes of Seoane would definitely be fixed.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Thanks 1

Bellingham is still flexible I think, not sure how they cap it and I know that they moved away from the -10 wonderkid stuff a few years back or at least reduced the number of players that had it

I'd have thought Bellingham would be 160 to 180 as PA, chuck might be 120 to 140 

The more established players have fixed PA or at least smaller ranges 

If you open up the editor you can see it (and change it) 

Edited by villa4europe

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm not playing FM 2022 (currently on FM 2020 in the Indian league trying to get an Indian side as the best in Asia - it's **** solid :D) but from memory of my Solihull Moors save I got promoted to the Premier League, basically took the money and got relegated immediately.  Bounced straight back and from then on just built up relatively quickly and easily.  The money you get allows you to big up some very decent younger players from the bigger clubs, particularly when released at the end of the season.  Also raid those South American and lesser European countries for their highly rated talents (mostly regens, of course, because they're the most fun!).

As an example, I signed an amazing looking Brazilian player for £1m from a Brazilian side.  He obviously had no work permit so I put him on the loan list.  Only went to Real Madrid :D.  I was able to get a work permit sorted the season after and he's been one of the best strikers in the league since - even as a left winger at times.

I find the main thing as a lower income/reputation club is the sheer amount of time needed to trawl clubs looking for talents... but that's also the part of the game I enjoy the most.

Yeah I’ve raided all the South American clubs, I think about four of my starters are from there. 

Just think it’s more of a save fatigue. This is the eighth season now, and I’ve just been bobbing around for the last three and it’s a bit tedious. 

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bellingham is still flexible I think, not sure how they cap it and I know that they moved away from the -10 wonderkid stuff a few years back or at least reduced the number of players that had it

I'd have thought Bellingham would be 160 to 180 as PA, chuck might be 120 to 140 

The more established players have fixed PA or at least smaller ranges 

If you open up the editor you can see it (and change it) 

chuk on mine is 153 so interested to know what he is on others

bellingham is162 which is less than expected

• Like 1

4 Seasons into my Villa save, 4 champions league qualifications, one UEFA cup, one FA Cup, one league cup and just about to clinch my first league, which has been hard as Man City (under Klopp btw) have been beastly.  Very satisfying, particularly as once all my wonderkids mature I'll be unbeatable. 

Chuck, both Ramsey's, KKH all total shit in this save, Barry ok, but is basically a squad / quota filler. 

Edited by VBM
  • Like 1

Â