Football Manager 2022

Villaphan04

I remember doing that to Man Utd on CM0102

They were literally unbeatable on that game. I took over, sold all their players and played a stupid formation which I think included the GK joining the attack and having no defenders. I remember losing a few games like 14-0 then they sacked me. 2 seasons later and they were unbeatable again 😂

• 3 months later...
On 17/08/2022 at 22:15, UpTheVilla26 said:

I remember doing that to Man Utd on CM0102

They were literally unbeatable on that game. I took over, sold all their players and played a stupid formation which I think included the GK joining the attack and having no defenders. I remember losing a few games like 14-0 then they sacked me. 2 seasons later and they were unbeatable again 😂

I signed Sinisalo for them from Villa for some ludicrous amount of cash (as much as I could without the board vetoing it)...

Try getting that kid to go anywhere when hes on £200,000 a week for the next five years...

Proper hatchet job on them...

And im still proud of it!

Oh yeah, I got the Gateshead job again so I was able to spend all of my ill gotten gains...

Got them up to the Championship now...

• Haha 1

I've never felt worthy to manage Villa on any FM game. Currently blitzing the league with Newcastle, while Villa languish in 15th. Still......not worthy. I don't think I'll ever be, as I've bought every iteration since FM2008, and have upward of 3,000 hours across all platforms. Never managed Villa. Is that weird. It's weird isn't it? 

• Like 1

Also, I always start unemployed, look for the first job opening that i'm 'feeling' at the time, but then do everything I can to make it Eastleigh. Why don't I just start with Eastleigh?  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Also, I always start unemployed, look for the first job opening that i'm 'feeling' at the time, but then do everything I can to make it Eastleigh. Why don't I just start with Eastleigh?  

My brother and I used to share a save game back when we lived together and always used to start with Eastleigh (we have lived in the New Forest since the mid 90s, so it makes sense as the most local team in the lowest playable league).

I tried starting unemployed but only managed to get jobs in Scotland and America...

So then I decided to actually pick a club...

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I've never felt worthy to manage Villa on any FM game. Currently blitzing the league with Newcastle, while Villa languish in 15th. Still......not worthy. I don't think I'll ever be, as I've bought every iteration since FM2008, and have upward of 3,000 hours across all platforms. Never managed Villa. Is that weird. It's weird isn't it? 

It's weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2022 at 03:04, HKP90 said:

On FM19 I managed Villa for 37 season's and became the greatest manager of all time.

Yes it's weird, although managing Villa on FM22 hasn't been much fun for me so far. Terrible squad left to me by Slippy G 

working on the assumption that i'll be getting FM23 for xmas, it's that sad time of year where i say goodbye to my FM22 save.

started with villa, still on my original save:

29 PL titles

18 carabao cups

19 FA cups

22 champions leagues

2 Europa leagues

23 community shields

18 euro super cups

5 club world championships

plus a european championship with england

it's been quite a ride 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

In my 13th season in charge of Villa I have just lost the league by 1 goal.

Chelsea 84pts 47GD

AVFC      84pts 46GD

I won the FA cup but I am a little annoyed.

• Sad 2

For the 2nd season in a row I have lost the league by 1 goal difference

Man C 85 pts 53GD

AVFC 85 pts 52GD

What hurts even more is I drew 4-4 away and flogged them 5-1 at Villa Park.

Oh well I have to play city again in the fa cup final.

• Sad 2

On 24/12/2022 at 21:12, Villan_of_oz said:

On FM19 I managed Villa for 37 season's and became the greatest manager of all time.

Yes it's weird, although managing Villa on FM22 hasn't been much fun for me so far. Terrible squad left to me by Slippy G 

I've always had good saves with this villa squad. Doesn't take much to turn it around and only need a couple of players. Digne is a beast and grabs double digit assists every season. Watkins grows into a solid lone striker. Kamara and Luiz solid. I only really need to upgrade the right side to finish top 4.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've always had good saves with this villa squad. Doesn't take much to turn it around and only need a couple of players. Digne is a beast and grabs double digit assists every season. Watkins grows into a solid lone striker. Kamara and Luiz solid. I only really need to upgrade the right side to finish top 4.

I'm in 2036 now mate, they're all long move on from the Villa 

Â