January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Ah the classic journo isn’t reporting something good so therefore don’t believe anything he says :lol:

I’m really not surprised we are done. Expected so. Am disappointed with the Targett loan but whatever I guess. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Who gives f88k we we strengthen Toon and we get money. We signed Coutinho and Digne and a backup GK and CB plus another potential star for the u23s and u give it 3/10. Unbelievable 😂 

If Newcastle stay up it's quite clear what they will do. And if I'm a betting man I would suggest by the end of the summer transfer window there will be another team we can realistically not compete with and thus our chances of European football are even further away again. 

Why villa and Brighton are helping them for temporary short term gain seems insane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hause would be the back up left back over Chambers

I never want to see Hause at LB in this system. In an injury crisis fine, but planning with him as LB in a system where so much is expected of the LB's going forward would be crazy.

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Possibly. But I'm not really sure he has ever played there before. We might be fine and Digne doesn't get injured, however if he does, we might have a problem.

Targett is still a good player to have in the squad.

I understand why we're not signing a CM, as the ones we want might not be available.

Well is he? He can't run up and down the left hand side enough for Gerrard's system. He is blowing out of his arse after about 30 minutes. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Well is he? He can't run up and down the left hand side enough for Gerrard's system. He is blowing out of his arse after about 30 minutes. 

That's fair enough, it's just an odd thing to do without any real backup. We needed a LB to challenge Targett at the start of the window, and now we're back down to just having 1 first team LB in the squad.

Don't get me wrong, this has still been a brilliant window, I just question the logic of this one deal.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That's fair enough, it's just an odd thing to do without any real backup. We needed a LB to challenge Targett at the start of the window, and now we're back down to just having 1 first team LB in the squad.

Don't get me wrong, this has still been a brilliant window, I just question the logic of this one deal.

TAA and Robertson play every game for Liverpool. Can you name their back ups? I can't without googling. Probably youth players

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

TAA and Robertson play every game for Liverpool. Can you name their back ups? I can't without googling. Probably youth players

The right back is Williams who's only 20, but their back up left back Tsimikas is 25, so hardly a kid just starting out. He's also rapid so a good cheap player when starting out on Fifa lol

Edited by RichiBoi11

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Milner is TAA back up and the Greek lad is the left back. Greek lad is decent but Klopp doesn't want his players playing too much but doesn't rest them 

22 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

If Newcastle stay up it's quite clear what they will do. And if I'm a betting man I would suggest by the end of the summer transfer window there will be another team we can realistically not compete with and thus our chances of European football are even further away again. 

Why villa and Brighton are helping them for temporary short term gain seems insane.

They can't just go and do what Man City did, as the many of the loopholes have been closed. I'm pretty sure the big clubs won't want more competition so will make sure Fifa & PL keep Newcastle subdued as much as possible. 

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We should be sceptical of journalists like this is all I’m saying 

1D9198B5-10B7-4236-A965-E130855F0F3D.webp

But what's wrong here? It happened quickly and this details it happening over the course of 3 days. He also started to cover the AEG move to them.

Just because someone didn't come out and say 'this is 100% happening' on day 1 doesn't mean he was wrong. 

What's detailed here is what actually happened, we may have been closer on wages than he thought but he didn't contradict himself at any point in these tweets

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes I can. Tsimikas is the backup LB, who has had to cover for when Robertson has been injured.

RB is Neco Williams, who is a good young prospect.

Gerrard wanted 2 players for each position, I'm just not sure who the 2nd player will be for LB.

Maybe Young, I don't know. It's just an odd one for me.

31 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I would have given this transfer window a 5/10 if it closes as currently stands purely for the fact that we still have not fixed the DM issue.

If we now strengthen Newcastle and weaken ourselves in the process for no tangible benefit i'd have to lower it to a 3/10 and say it's been a pretty terrible window overall.

I'm sorry if I missed a joke. Is this serious?

• Like 1