January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Purslow said our transfers are planned or opportunistic. 

I think in terms of planned transfers, we were probably done a couple of weeks ago when initial interest/bids didn't go through.

I think today might see the opportunistic movement of Targett going to Newcastle and Hickey coming in. It'll be both or none, no in-between.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Were never, ever coming to sign a " CDM " are we? 😂

Although, I'm wondering if they've decided that for now, they are going to put all their efforts into getting Dougie signed up.

I mean, it seems we are even moving on the back up Left Backs before a CDM haha.

If the opportunity arises and all the components align, we will sign a player, it's common knowledge that SG wants 2 quality players in every position. He isn't messing about at LB by the look of it, Hickey in for Targett is brilliant business. We can sign a DM without losing a player, if I'm SG I'd want to see what Dougie can do with a good DM in there, I do not think it's cut and dried that that anyone goes out of MF yet, we can worry about tidying up in the summer.

All I can see happening today hopefully is Hickey and a DM in, with 3 or 4 going out on loan.

2 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I think in terms of planned transfers, we were probably done a couple of weeks ago when initial interest/bids didn't go through.

I think today might see the opportunistic movement of Targett going to Newcastle and Hickey coming in. It'll be both or none, no in-between.

Doug could leave too and maybe Bissouma come in?

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Doug could leave too and maybe Bissouma come in?

That was my other thought....but would be a bit more difficult to push through last minute.

I don't think we really do last-minute anymore. 

I wonder when the last deadline Day signing was...

10 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Did he also say that it's light or dark outside at any given time? 🤣

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Were never, ever coming to sign a " CDM " are we? 😂

Although, I'm wondering if they've decided that for now, they are going to put all their efforts into getting Dougie signed up.

I mean, it seems we are even moving on the back up Left Backs before a CDM haha.

It's almost as if it's not as massive an issue as it's made out to be and other areas of the squad are more pressing.

• Like 1

McNulty hinting we are done perhaps?

Every January over the last few years the rhetoric is the same, Villa have their ducks all lined up well in advance and don't need to be scrambling around late on deadline day.

I think apart from Targett, we are done.