January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The Athletic is saying that Toon want to sign Matt Targett before tomorrow's deadline. That could be a lovely bit of business for the right price and maybe we get Hickey in tomorrow for half the price we sell Targett

Honestly can’t see that happening.

I’d hate to see him get relegated with Newcastle.

Targett is still a decent player and I rather we kept him to challenge Digne. Plus I don’t think Hickey is ready for Premier League football just yet. 

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The Athletic is saying that Toon want to sign Matt Targett before tomorrow's deadline. That could be a lovely bit of business for the right price and maybe we get Hickey in tomorrow for half the price we sell Targett

I've always had him marked for a move to Burnley. He's always felt like a no-frills Burnley-style player to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even someone like Sangare from PSV I think would improve us and he’d probably be a similar price range to Bentancur. We don’t necessarily have to spend £40-50m on someone.

Yes please. I mentioned him the other day, he'd be a great buy for us I think.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

No rush for a DM. We're not getting relegated or into Europe this season. 

No rush but if we finish 8th-9th and show ambition Inthe summer we could have a realistic chance of convincing players that may see Spurs, Leicester, West Ham or Arsenal as ahead of us that we can challenge next year.

Finish 13th-15th and it's a harder discussion. A DM could genuinely be the difference for us between 9th and 13th. Then we can focus on a top tier CB in the summer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

€45m is £37m. If that's what they wanted we'd have him by now imo, that's right in our golden range we'd pay (Watkins, Bailey, Buendia, maybe Coutinho). 45m sounds about right but it'll be £

If we can get £28m out of Newcastle for Targett, I’d give them £45m for Bissouma. Hell, id be asking about Kalvin Phillips at £50m if we can rinse Newcastle over the Targett deal. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we can get £28m out of Newcastle for Targett, I’d give them £45m for Bissouma. Hell, id be asking about Kalvin Phillips at £50m if we can rinse Newcastle over the Targett deal. 

Screw that. We shouldn't let Targett go for less than 35m

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Just now, Villaphil said:

Assume after today’s events, Lingard is going nowhere before the summer ??

I thought that myself. Club statement said Greenwood would not play for Utd again until the issues are resolved. That could be a court case and could be much later this year so they are an attacking player down

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I very much doubt Spurs are trying to sign him

Can't write a story about Villa without somehow including Spurs in it...  Just like when we signed Coutinho, stories about Spurs also having a release clause added into his deal surfaced.  🤣

• Haha 1