January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

41 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Woody, u could be right, they did hold their nerve and held out for the 50m for White so they wont be a pushover. But if Bissouma has told them he doesn't want to extend his contract they may be tempted to just cash in now. Once it gets to the summer there will be foreign clubs asking to wait a further 6 months and then sign a pre contract with them for XX sign on fee and XX per week which will be very tempting.

It’s a big gamble isn’t it, it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally I don’t think he’s going to see as as enough of a step up currently, but I guess that’s down to the club to sell ourselves and show how ambitious we are. That is if we are actually interested of course! 😂

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It’s a big gamble isn’t it, it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally I don’t think he’s going to see as as enough of a step up currently, but I guess that’s down to the club to sell ourselves and show how ambitious we are. That is if we are actually interested of course! 😂

Countinho signing should help increase our profile. There is also the fact that he is on 45k a week at Brighton. He won't get a payrise unless he signs a new contract. Lets say he wants to leave. Then he could be very tempted to turn his 45k a week into, say 75k a week, starting now rather than waiting 18 months.

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Not keen at all on Ramsey. Not a bad player at all but he's way to injury prone for the amount he would cost. 

I doubt were in for him soon have squad full o no 8 at this rate

30 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ramsey would be terrible business. I'd rather we played the Aaron Ramsey that was already here.

Ya Id be very surprised if we were in for him, he isn't the type of midfielder we need

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pete101 said:

Ya Id be very surprised if we were in for him, he isn't the type of midfielder we need

I agree but there is something else maybe at play here. Loaning a player like Ramsey might be how to improve the quality of the squad whille not blocking long term some of our prospects. For instance buying a player like McKennie would be 30 mill and then block Iroegbunam Ramsey Chuk and Chrisene. ..

Having said all that he is too injury prone and too inconsistent so its a no from me 🤣🤣

In a related note for transfer rumours mister hedge bets 2 G's Gregg Evans may be unemployed soon as the NY times have bought the Athletic. God knows how villa got lumbered with that idiot covering them.

Edited by Pissflaps

Ramsey is very underrated on here.  Gerrard rates him and has spoken very highly about him in the past.  I think he's a massive upgrade on JJ and can see him absolutely unlocking defenses for fun with Coutinho on that left hand side of the pitch.  He is a top class midfielder playing for one of the best clubs in Europe, but he is extremely injury prone and has missed 34 games for Juve over the past 2.5 seasons.  He's also on a £400k/week contract until the end of '23, so unless he writes off more of his salary than Coutinho did, I can't see this happening at all.  

On 08/01/2022 at 03:17, Anything11 said:

Fabrizio mentioned on his twitch stream that Villa are working on their second transfer

For a man who claims to be in the know it shows he knows bullshit if he cant even drop a clue

• Like 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

Aaron Ramsey seems to have become something of a joke figure, but he was brilliant for Arsenal, I don't know how he's been for Juventus as I haven't watched him for them, but whenever I've seen him for Wales recently he's looked very good.

I don't want us to sign him, as I don't think he fits the way we set up our midfield and we don't need him for a No.10 type role, but I think he might be a good signing for the right club as long as long as the financial package is right, people joke about Newcastle signing him for example, but he'd improve them and if on anything like his best form would be their best player.

Looks a different player for Wales. Has been pretty much anonymous for Juventus, less than 50 games in 3 seasons. His highlight was stealing a Ronaldo goal

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

In a related note for transfer rumours mister hedge bets 2 G's Gregg Evans may be unemployed soon as the NY times have bought the Athletic. God knows how villa got lumbered with that idiot covering them.

Enter Ashley Preece 😛

• Like 1

Signing Aaron Ramsey would be horrendous. That would fall into the sort of ‘expensive past it final salary’ move that I’d hoped we’d grown out of. Kind of like what the incorrect people on Twitter think the Coutinho signing is. 

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Ramsey is very underrated on here.  Gerrard rates him and has spoken very highly about him in the past.  I think he's a massive upgrade on JJ and can see him absolutely unlocking defenses for fun with Coutinho on that left hand side of the pitch.  He is a top class midfielder playing for one of the best clubs in Europe, but he is extremely injury prone and has missed 34 games for Juve over the past 2.5 seasons.  He's also on a £400k/week contract until the end of '23, so unless he writes off more of his salary than Coutinho did, I can't see this happening at all.  

Might be naive of me, but I genuinely wouldn't want to see JJ's trajectory here stunted, by signing some sort of overpaid mercenary for instant gratification.

The kid has the potential to be right up there by the latter part of this season and beginning of the next.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Welsh Aaron Ramsey is completely unsuited to the role that Jacob Ramsey plays in our team, so wouldn't replace him, and wouldn't replace McGinn on the other side either for the same reason, both Ramsey and McGinn play quite deep and have to do their share of defensive work, they do a lot of covering for the attacking full backs, Aaron Ramsey who is more of an out and out attacking midfielder wouldn't suit that role.

Only way I could see Aaron Ramsey fitting into the way we play presently is as one of the front three, but we don't need to sign him to play there, as we've already got Traore, Bailey, Buendia and Coutinho, Chukwueneka might get gametime there as well.

As an aside happen to think Jacob Ramsey is very underrated, he's been one of our best players this season, I don't think he will be too far away from getting an England call up.

• Like 3