January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i mean who hasn't accidentally felt up a woman at a night club, for that matter who hasn't accidentally felt up a man dressed as a woman at a night club? Or felt up a man whilst dressed as a woman at a night club in my case.

Reminds me of the stripper the lads hired for me on my stag do in koh samui many years ago

The most beautiful woman you ever did see.

Turned our she had bigger coconuts than me.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

To be fair i think that this is the level Gerrard and Purslow want to operate at. In many ways Purslow is the business equal of Gerrard. So the two together with Gerrard convincing the player that he shouldnt go anywhere else   and then Purslow convincing Barca to do an optional rather than mandatory transfer is a brilliant double act. Lets go back 7 years and imagine Faulkner and Lambert doing that . ... 

Feel we are being a bit harsh. Purslow financial muscles dwarfs anything Lambert had at the time he was managing us. 

He could have had all types of fanciful countinho like dreams but no way was Lerner going to finance them. 

Brighton don't sell Bissouma now they'll be looking to offload him in the summer for **** all as he'll only have 12 months on his contract. 

Anyway I hear he's handy. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Brighton don't sell Bissouma now they'll be looking to offload him in the summer for **** all as he'll only have 12 months on his contract. 

Anyway I hear he's handy. 

Same situation as Dougie Luiz . 

I think we'll see a few players leave helping FFP and some even for profit. 

I'm sure we'll make money on El Ghazi for example, he's got a decent enough number of PL goals.  Players like that start at £10m. We only paid £8m so that will have deprecated to £4m now.  

If we can unload Trez as well we should at least break even if not make a profit.  We signed Downey whilst he was still injured so hopefully we should find a buyer when he's actually back from injury. 

We're not losing money on anyone anymore so whatever bits and pieces we can do will all add to the pot. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Feel we are being a bit harsh. Purslow financial muscles dwarfs anything Lambert had at the time he was managing us. 

He could have had all types of fanciful countinho like dreams but no way was Lerner going to finance them. 

Think people forget speculation was we were in for Coutinho back in 2013 at the same time Liverpool bought him when Lambert was manager unfortunately we could only go to £6m for him and Inter wanted £9m. Take was we had first refusal over Liverpool but we just wouldn't pay the money as it was the Lerner pulling the budget days. Ended up signing Sylla the same window for £1m. Lambert also allegedly wanted John Stones but again wasn't able to bid as much as Everton so another one that go away....story of our club sadly (remember the talk of Klinsmann negotiating in Doug's back garden but he tried to take £5k a week off the contract he wanted so went to Spurs who paid it on the spot).

Under the financial circumstances Lambert did OK and ultimately lost his good reputation within the game in managing us. 

Edited by Sidmon
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Same situation as Dougie Luiz . 

Yeah, again if we can get a buyer I would be OK if we're upgrading. We paid £15m, he's probably only in the books now for £5m.

I'm sure we can still get £15m for him now.  Suddenly Bissouma ain't costing much at all. 

It's amazing what a difference it makes having value to sell instead of our decade of buying for big money and having literally zero value at the end. 

For all Grealish was a MASSIVE transfer he didn't really cost Citeh much when they're selling peripheral players for £30 odd million. 

Luiz has been a good player for us but by no means irreplaceable. I'd much prefer it if he stayed and our squad improved but if he wants out we'll have done well enough financially I think. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, again if we can get a buyer I would be OK if we're upgrading. We paid £15m, he's probably only in the books now for £5m.

I'm sure we can still get £15m for him now.  Suddenly Bissouma ain't costing much at all. 

In this Jan transfer window, Luiz is probably worth £15-25m seeing that he’s a strong regular starter for a mid-table team.

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

If we signed Bissouma, it would be the death knell of Luiz for me. But he'd be a huge signing. We'd have to be talking Europe next season

lets leave It then.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

i mean who hasn't accidentally felt up a woman at a night club, for that matter who hasn't accidentally felt up a man dressed as a woman at a night club? Or felt up a man whilst dressed as a woman at a night club in my case.

PM sent