1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Going into the second half of the season with

Watkins
Coutinho                 Buendia
       Luiz           McGinn
              New DM
Digne  Mings  Konsa  Cash
                  Emi

Would be quite nice. The DM would have to be good tho to cover the left hand side. 

We’ve had plenty about Coutinho and Digne/Hickey but who are the favourites for new DM?

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

We’ve had plenty about Coutinho and Digne/Hickey but who are the favourites for new DM?

No solid links at all for the DM. Lots of media have said it's a priority for us. But no names have been mentioned in mainstream media or by any journalist. A couple of links on the clickbait transfer sites but nothing concrete.

- Zakaria has been linked and would be a huge coup from Monchengladbach.

- Boubacar Kamara has been talked about a lot on here from Marseille. 6 months left on his contract means he's likely to.join a CL club on a free in the summer. Man United linked today.

- Glen Kamara (who isn't really a DM) gets mentioned a fair bit from Rangers but hopefully that's just lazy links.

- Kalvin Phillips has been mentioned on Twitter but just isn't going to happen. He won't leave Leeds half way through a season to come here when they're in a relegation battle.

- Cheikh Doucoure is a possibility from Lens  if our interest in the summer was genuine and if he was a Lange prospect rather than a Dean one

But yeah. Classic NSWE-Villa there's been a lot of talk of wanting a player but not a lot about which one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mazrim said:

A lot is made of our wage structure. I'm not sure it's all that relevant anymore. We'll pay big wages to players who deserve it. That's nothing new to NSWE and won't phase them.

Although I get what you mean in terms of the 'old' wage structure I really do hope that strict guidelines are being bought in for us going forward.

I really hope to never find us top of that wage to revenue list that started the decline last decade.

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No solid links at all for the DM. Lots of media have said it's a priority for us. But no names have been mentioned in mainstream media or by any journalist. A couple of links on the clickbait transfer sites but nothing concrete.

- Zakaria has been linked and would be a huge coup from Monchengladbach.

- Boubacar Kamara has been talked about a lot on here from Marseille. 6 months left on his contract means he's likely to.join a CL club on a free in the summer. Man United linked today.

- Glen Kamara (who isn't really a DM) gets mentioned a fair bit from Rangers but hopefully that's just lazy links.

- Kalvin Phillips has been mentioned on Twitter but just isn't going to happen. He won't leave Leeds half way through a season to come here when they're in a relegation battle.

- Cheikh Doucoure is a possibility from Lens  if our interest in the summer was genuine and if he was a Lange prospect rather than a Dean one

But yeah. Classic NSWE-Villa there's been a lot of talk of wanting a player but not a lot about which one.

Thanks for this. Zakaria it is then!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Thanks for this. Zakaria it is then!

So we've worked our way through options A, B C, D etc etc until we've got through to option Z for Zakaria

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Although I get what you mean in terms of the 'old' wage structure I really do hope that strict guidelines are being bought in for us going forward.

I really hope to never find us top of that wage to revenue list that started the decline last decade.

Absolutely. Me too. It was this old notion of what are deemed to be prohibitive prices putting us off that I have issue with. Like, we wouldn't go for somebody a step or two up because it might upset some fair to middling underperforming players in our existing squad. I really don't think our owners see it that way. They want to see some quality in now. Gerrard's not here to piss about either.

• Like 2

Desperately need to improve defence as well.

Imagine having forward options of Buendia, Traore, Coutinho, Bailey, Watkins, Ings but a back four of Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash........ just a tad out of balance that.

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Desperately need to improve defence as well.

Imagine having forward options of Buendia, Traore, Coutinho, Bailey, Watkins, Ings but a back four of Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash........ just a tad out of balance that.

mad to think last season i was telling my mates that england's back 4 should be exactly that

i'd still have that CB pairing though

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Well this would mark the biggest signing loan or permanent ✍🏽  that ive ever seen during my lifetime as a supporter of this club by a country mile  fingers crossed however 😬

7A4D37E9-357E-4B69-AD86-E3A428B7FE03.jpeg

tenor.gif

i mean, if the salaries reported are correct, AEG is on 32k a week, Trez 32k a week, Davis 45k a week, Traore 79k a week......Hourihane prob 40k to offload in the summer on a free?

thats a lot of cha ching for players if we could offload some of these salaries.

Davis on 45k a week, what the holy....

Edited by MaVilla

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Going into the second half of the season with

Watkins
Coutinho                 Buendia
       Luiz           McGinn
              New DM
Digne  Mings  Konsa  Cash
                  Emi

Would bang

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i mean, if the salaries reported are correct, AEG is on 32k a week, Trez 32k a week, Davis 45k a week, Traore 79k a week......Hourihane prob 40k to offload in the summer on a free?

thats a lot of cha ching for players if we could offload some of these salaries.

Davis on 45k a week, what the holy....

Because contrary to popular belief, he is an excellent centre forward, just because he doesn’t score that many, his hold up play is just outstanding. His hold up play is up there with the best in the league

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because contrary to popular belief, he is an excellent centre forward, just because he doesn’t score that many, his hold up play is just outstanding. His hold up play is up there with the best in the league

doesnt matter if he's good or not, 45k p/w for the actual games he has played, and impact he has made (or lack of) is complete madness.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Davis is crap. Doesn't score goals, doesn't create goals. Big deal if he's strong and runs around a lot. The only thing Davis is good at holding up is his career.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

doesnt matter if he's good or not, 45k p/w for the actual games he has played, and impact he has made (or lack of) is complete madness.

45k p/w is nothing in the Premier League, he’s an excellent player, whatever happens he will have a good career at whatever level

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Davis is crap. Doesn't score goals, doesn't create goals. Big deal if he's strong and runs around a lot. The only thing Davis is good at holding up is his career.

He’s not crap at all, he’s a fantastic player, in terms of natural ability, he is up there with the best at the club

• Like 1
  • Haha 2