January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

Replacement for Nkambia ? Seriously ?

I think Stevie G needs to learn we aren't Liverpool and can spend £200m when we are a bit bored.

I wouldn't be throwing a lot of cash at this window tbh.

We needed another CDM before Marv (I assume that's who you mean by Nkambia) got injured anyway. 

Not sure Liverpool have ever spent £200m in a window?? Let alone "when a bit bored".  

Actually, your entire post makes no sense at all. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, what are you on about?

Ok - I just wouldn't be spending much money this window. We aren't getting relegated and Europe looks unlikely. There's enough talent in the squad for an upper mid table finish.

50 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok - I just wouldn't be spending much money this window. We aren't getting relegated and Europe looks unlikely. There's enough talent in the squad for an upper mid table finish.

We are 6 points off 5th. Whilst Europe may be a long shot not only is it possible there is also a 4th place up for grabs such is the mixed form of most the league this season. 

If we can strengthen in January we should be doing it! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Replacement for Nkambia ? Seriously ?

I think Stevie G needs to learn we aren't Liverpool and can spend £200m when we are a bit bored.

I wouldn't be throwing a lot of cash at this window tbh.

I know you’re not a fan of Gerrard but come on mate. Really?

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know you’re not a fan of Gerrard but come on mate. Really?

I don't think Europe is doable this season. Said so since day 1. I really think there's enough in that squad for midtable. I don't see spending in Jan on a few cast offs will alter much either way.

I'd rather spend bigger in the summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

We needed another CDM before Marv (I assume that's who you mean by Nkambia) got injured anyway. 

Not sure Liverpool have ever spent £200m in a window?? Let alone "when a bit bored".  

Actually, your entire post makes no sense at all. 

Marv was playing well this season but we always needed another more defensive midfield option. Especially seeing as there is still a chance Doug could leave in the summer.

Appreciate we need to avoid blocking youth from coming through but a couple of signings to strengthen us wouldn't be a bad move, if we can get the players and not for comedy prices then we absolutely should back Gerrard.

I personally think we need defensive cover at left back also

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We are 6 points off 5th. Whilst Europe may be a long shot not only is it possible there is also a 4th place up for grabs such is the mixed form of most the league this season. 

I agree, If there is ever an opportunity to strengthen and we have the cash and it is within FFP we should do it. This will give Purslow the continuous improvement he said he wanted. Furthermore, each place higher we can finish in the league is worth about 3.6m. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We should always look to strengthen in transfer windows if we can but dreams of 4th and 5th place are fantasy imo.  I think if we end up 8th that’ll be a brilliant season then onto next season with an European place push.  We should certainly aim for as high as possible though and try for 4th and 5th but I believe we’ll end up a solid top ten after all said and done.

Edited by nick76

I think a CDM is vital. Marv is out for a length tbd. Putting Luiz or McGinn in that role doesn’t play to their strengths or the rest of the teams. The premier league is determined to keep going no matter what and unlike injuries the number of players out could oscillate drastically without warning.

if we can finish at least close to the Europe spots I think it would entice more players to the team in the summer.

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And to also try and get a new generation of fans. They are not a well supported club at all. 

Back on topic, I reckon we’ll be busy this January. 

I don't think we will be.

I think we need more time to see what is needed under the managers formation and playing style.

We could get full backs and a DCM as numbers are needed there anyway

4 hours ago, hippo said:

I don't think Europe is doable this season. Said so since day 1. I really think there's enough in that squad for midtable. I don't see spending in Jan on a few cast offs will alter much either way.

I'd rather spend bigger in the summer.

Doesn't 7th get you in the Europa Conference? We are only a few points off that.

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Just curious.. why does Europe look unlikely?

I mean we are only 6 points off 5th. Ignore see you already answered it. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

We should always look to strengthen in transfer windows if we can but dreams of 4th and 5th place are fantasy imo.  I think if we end up 8th that’ll be a brilliant season then onto next season with an European place push.  We should certainly aim for as high as possible though and try for 4th and 5th but I believe we’ll end up a solid top ten after all said and done.

I agree and I wouldn’t complain if we end mid table. But I do think there’s a slight hope to push on, we can always dream right?

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Just curious.. why does Europe look unlikely?

I mean we are only 6 points off 5th. Ignore see you already answered it. 

Glass half empty. Standard Villa fan. 

Its why Villa Park don’t always help us.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1