January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played left wing back for Conte who is more demanding of his wing backs. 

Only concern about Young would be his legs

thats what i meant, his legs, not his ability.

9 hours ago, Xela said:

I do think we undervalue our players in general. Nat Phillips at Liverpool is supposedly worth £15m. I'd have Hause over him. Like you say, he'll be worth more with a contract extension. 

I don’t believe media drivel, but I read the BBC gossip page this morning and one of the rags touted a move at £24m 

11 hours ago, TRO said:

for back ups yeah....I meant first team.

We need to switch from that backup mentality,  all subs should be competing for a shirt, or at least a young potential first team player in the future like Carney 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No idea who we want or if it’s even that prudent to be signing many players in the upcoming window as it may be better to just wait for the summer once we know what we need now the managers system and tactics have changed.

if I were forced to spend it now, left back, right back and a DCM 

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No idea who we want or if it’s even that prudent to be signing many players in the upcoming window as it may be better to just wait for the summer once we know what we need now the managers system and tactics have changed.

Right back? I'd bring Freddie back from loan to battle it out with the Polish Cafu...

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Our right back is our best player. Why would we spend money there for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our right back is our best player. Why would we spend money there for? 

I don't agree with rating cash as our best player, but I'd certainly say right back is well stocked with Kessler coming back at the end of the season. Cash is a good player, with good dynamism. 

Left back however need a more dynamic player.

On 18/12/2021 at 14:06, messi11 said:

I like the look of that player who doubled vaccinated and booster jabbed, I think he could make it

I've heard he really likes to get stuck in and needle the defence. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Who's been better than him this season?

According to WhoScored: McGinn, Luiz and Watkins.

According to SofaScore: McGinn, Martinez and Luiz

I'd say McGinn for sure. Luiz has been very good too.. I'd say Luiz' ceiling has been higher but Cash has been more consistent.

He's decent don't get me wrong but he's not been our best player imo. Martinez gets overlooked because of how crazy good he was last year. I don't agree with WhoScored on Watkins.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Who's been better than him this season?

Martinez, Konsa, McGinn, Nakamba, Watkins

IMO Cash is a decent PL full-back, no more and no less.

That's not disparaging him, I like him, but don't understand how someone could describe him as our best player. Just ain't true.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Martinez, Konsa, McGinn, Nakamba, Watkins

IMO Cash is a decent PL full-back, no more and no less.

That's not disparaging him, I like him, but don't understand how someone could describe him as our best player. Just ain't true.

Watkins hasn't been anywhere near as good as Cash. Martinez has had a decent season, as has Konsa. Still probably not at the levels they were last year, mind. McGinn is the only one who you could argue has been as good as Cash this season. 

Cash has been superb.