Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Wouldnt be surprised if every fan forum in the country had a thread with supporters moaning about the atmosphere at home games. 

Unfortunately, it's just the way football has gone in this country. Home support almost across the board can be amazing but more often than not its quiet and waiting for something to happen.

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

In 3 of our last 4 home games we have been  a goal down  within 30 minutes which doesn't help.

Come back every time though which is not something you'd have seen previously.

Unfortunately we've also retained our penchant to throw away leads too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Utterly shocking atmosphere today.

Like, I get we're playing poorly, but it's such a hindrance to the players if people don't sing and moan every single time the ball goes backwards/is given away.

Its always been the same, doesn't matter what where we are in the league or what we're trying to do

27 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Like, I get we're playing poorly, but it's such a hindrance to the players if people don't sing and moan every single time the ball goes backwards/is given away.

Play shit football and you get the atmosphere you deserve!

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

What is there to sing about?

I was under the impression football supporters support their team.

The concept of "go to the footy, have a beer, have a sing, hope you win" is just utterly lost on much of our fanbase. They are perennial moaners.

Just go and have fun and chill tf out, and I assure you the players will feel less anxious, the atmosphere will be more enjoyable for all and we have a better chance of winning.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

4 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I thought it was fine. Not sure what you're expecting when the players are second best to inferior opposition?

4 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I was under the impression football supporters support their team.

The concept of "go to the footy, have a beer, have a sing, hope you win" is just utterly lost on much of our fanbase. They are perennial moaners.

Just go and have fun and chill tf out, and I assure you the players will feel less anxious, the atmosphere will be more enjoyable for all and we have a better chance of winning.

There's no ground in the world that makes an artificial atmosphere on mass.

You're getting wind blasted in your face you've been pissed on all morning. You watch that shite you ain't going to be singing.

Not one player took the game by the horns. Snapped into a tackle. Showed any drive or intensity. There was no flash point or sustained pressure or blistering football pace or intent.

How the heck can anyone get up and scream and shout. It was absolute turgid dross. Maybe if one player had shown am ounce of drive or spirit we'd have had something to cheer and get behind 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

The fans are never held to account. Whereas the players are abused weekly depending on which ones are in the bad books.

No singing after like 10 mins today. It's embarrassing.

we didn't enter their half for the first 5 mins of the game despite having 100% of the possession. thats not an exaggeration.

its a 2 way street. fans feed off the performance on the pitch. when they see effort being put in, they respond. the atmosphere matched the effort on the pitch, IMO

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There's no ground in the world that makes an artificial atmosphere on mass.

You're getting wind blasted in your face you've been pissed on all morning. You watch that shite you ain't going to be singing.

Not one player took the game by the horns. Snapped into a tackle. Showed any drive or intensity. There was no flash point or sustained pressure or blistering football pace or intent.

How the heck can anyone get up and scream and shout. It was absolute turgid dross. Maybe if one player had shown am ounce of drive or spirit we'd have had something to cheer and get behind 

I agree to an extent but our home support is one of the worst around. Our players must genuinely hate playing at home. No support, no singing just groans 

It was bloody cold, the team were showing nothing, there was literally zero entertainment, the frigging Curling is 10 times as exciting to watch as Aston Villa.  Fans need SOMETHING to latch on to and we had nothing whatsoever. 

• Like 3

Â