Hungary v England England v Andorra Poland v England World Cup Quaffers

andykeenan

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

The man has actually put a right back in midfield at international level.

TAA I actually think is a wonderful player but look at him . He has no idea what the hell he is doing.

David James be up front next 

He’s not showing for the ball, walking away from it when Henderson is in possession. Where has this idea he can play CM come from?

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

If any of the media outlet has the balls to question GS , "why the **** you need 3 right backs at home to Andorra ?" Not going to happen

Because come the end of the 90 after Andorra have tired, probably had number 8 sent off and England have scored 3 more goals no one will care

England will be one of the 1st European nations to qualify and with a 100% record 

On the right track... Just don't watch and judge the actual football

Trent in midfield is absolutely baffling, it really is.  Do we really have no alternatives or better options who actually play the position at club level?

He’s obviously a talented footballer but this logic of talented players can play any position is just ridiculous. 

Edited by ferguson1

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Honestly 1-0 up against Andorra after all those chances is pretty poor. Of course the commentators and so called experts will be raving about England again. 😄

I'm not disagreeing ... but a shot every six and a half minutes is not "all those chances".

Southgate is making Andorra look not bad, having said that when England do attack they produce some attractive football.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because come the end of the 90 after Andorra have tired, probably had number 8 sent off and England have scored 3 more goals no one will care

But kind of  . . . so what really. The game is 90 minutes long, there's no extra prize for scoring all the goals in the first half.

I don't really understand the complaints. This is a second choice XI - if that - and there's no way we'd be lining up with these players in a game that actually mattered. No point getting stressed about the timing of the goals or whether the play is gorgeous enough.

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Trent is midfield is absolutely baffling, it really is.  Do we really have no alternatives or better options who actually play the position at club level?

He’s obviously a talented footballer but this logic of talented players can play any position is just ridiculous. 

It won’t matter because it’s Andorra at the end of the day but it’s the principle of the thing isn’t it? I’m going to shoehorn this square peg because I can’t bare not to have these 3 right backs all playing. 

Baffling. Just accept that he’s got some stiff competition and see if the kid can use it as motivation to get to the level required to play. It’s like handing out a medal to the fat kid who finished last on sports day. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

But kind of  . . . so what really. The game is 90 minutes long, there's no extra prize for scoring all the goals in the first half.

I don't really understand the complaints. This is a second choice XI - if that - and there's no way we'd be lining up with these players in a game that actually mattered. No point getting stressed about the timing of the goals or whether the play is gorgeous enough.

It doesn’t matter in the slightest.

Would be nice to enjoy international football though.

• Like 1

Â