Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I understand the angst over increasing cost for fans. Every franchise/cub goes through this to stay competitive. Winning trophies solves all ills though. A 7th place finish with he off European adventure will not be enough. 

Yes. Crucial point.

The team won't be allowed to grow fairly if they continue this march off the pitch.

You think fans won't boo when their tickets have more than doubled in price in six years, and we get outplayed. Which will happen. Because it's football.

• Like 1

Many fans, and not just Villa fans, are concerned, that in the modern era,  we are considered not so much as fans, but simply another source of income, to be milked for all its worth. Gate revenue is in fact only a very small proportion of Premiership clubs income. TV money is a much greater proportion. There is a danger that clubs could start to alienate the goodwill that has taken generations to build between fans and their clubs, if we start to feel we’re being squeezed for cash that we worked damn hard for, simply to boost the coffers of clubs that are already extremely wealthy.

The price increases and extra revenue hunting were inevitable, Aston Villa have to keep up with the other despicable clubs if the want to challenge in this f****d up world of modern football. Doesn’t mean we have to like it, and there’s ways to do it that don’t push the long term fans out. 

22 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

But that's the thing at the Villa - we don't have our own 'international revenue churn machine' as we're not a commercial success outside of the UK. The international revenue that we partake in comes from being in the Premier League, not through anything we've done as a club to increase exposure in the US, Middle East, Asia and Africa.

Right now, the local fan is hugely important to the club as they are not only the support at games but the vast concentration of direct revenue too. I'm sure Heck and his team will have a remit to make us more of a global brand, and they need to as we're miles off it at the moment. For comparison, Leicester City have over 4 million more people following their Instagram account alone. Chelsea have 38 million more than us. Heck has his work cut out. 

I agree and think it’s all about balance. Loyal and local fans are and always have been very important to the club, or at least should be, yes in the modern world we can’t ignore the globalisation and social media etc. I’m sure thst Nas and Wes understand this which is why we’ve seen the recent changes to our off the pitch management. It’s almost as though our former CEO didn’t understand the importance of this and more than he understood the importance or appointing a truly elite football manager and not just a mate. 

Its why there is such a influx of Americans coming in and buying teams or becoming part owners.

Compared to what they squeeze out of fans in the US with tickets, merchandise etc they think up that until now premier league clubs have just playing at it. They see the global appeal of the premier league and think they can do what they do in the US and then some.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2023 at 01:14, brummybloke said:

No problem charging season tickets at a premium when we're in Europe as long is its inclusive - Cup games and euro ' then just charge 2 quid extra pg to none season ticket holders.

With a manager who takes all comps seriously it will go down well while we establish ourselves as contenders for each comp, then revise it again of we win something.

Surely you mean, when, not if, we win something?!!

Communication. 

Upfront and open communication.

That's all it needed. Set expectations, then you won't get people in uproar.

The only reason you don't do that is if you know its going to go down badly and mean you lose money. Once the money is already in the bag, it doesn't matter to them so they communicate afterwards. Slimy af.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Communication. 

The only reason you don't do that is if you know its going to go down badly and mean you lose money. Once the money is already in the bag, it doesn't matter to them so they communicate afterwards. Slimy af.

Lol... so if they communicated differently... the people who feel a way, would feel differently?

Would make absolutely zero difference imo.

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Communication. 

Communication could and still can have a major difference to the way this has been received - again, it's not the Terrace View, it's not the Lower Grounds, it's the concourses that are left for everyone else - communication on plans to improve those would make everything feel a little better.

Even an acknowledgment from the club that they've let down the majority of Upper Holte Enders would be something - at the moment, there are people up to their ankles in piss listening to someone tell them how great the street food is next door and how it'll make everything better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... so if they communicated differently... the people who feel a way, would feel differently?

That's a very incorrect viewpoint you've got yourself there imo.

They will get better communicating, because they'll learn from this.

"Business this. Business that."

If this was a proper business that has to really compete for a fanbase they'd have been liquidated long ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I said, it sets expectations. You know you're getting a permanently reduced concourse with (hopefully) temporary terrible service for however long. You can decide whether you want to put up with that or not and renew accordingly.

Then you can't moan because you know what you signed up for.

Same applies to the Holte suite. It doesn't stop it being harsh on legacy season ticket holders, but it does give them an informed choice

I was listening to bbc606 last night and a Chelsea fan was talking a bit about the changes owners are introducing. one change was hospitality style seating behind the dug out, these seats are to be on sale for 1600 per game. 

I'm sure I've seen Villa are looking at introducing something similar. A shame for those that already sit there and another indicator of the types of revenue and costs being pushed by other clubs. 

• Like 2

On 25/09/2023 at 10:00, cheltenham_villa said:

I was listening to bbc606 last night and a Chelsea fan was talking a bit about the changes owners are introducing. one change was hospitality style seating behind the dug out, these seats are to be on sale for 1600 per game. 

I'm sure I've seen Villa are looking at introducing something similar. A shame for those that already sit there and another indicator of the types of revenue and costs being pushed by other clubs. 

Could be the reason why they've done away with the dugout cover. Nice clear view of the bench & the pitch now.

This is what Villa are competing with and the way watching live football is going…

Fulham vs Man Utd - standard seats in the centre of their new Riverside stand - £160 adults, £80 kids. 

No food, drink, programme, scarf, etc included. 

The cheapest adult tickets are £67 for this match. 

Edited by ender4

Â