Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bit of a mess this ain't it? If true.

This whole BK8 partnership...

Their accounts are late. Mind if they are struck off then ownership is taken over by the crown. It's all part of our future King's masterplan!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Their accounts are late. Mind if they are struck off then ownership is taken over by the crown. It's all part of our future King's masterplan!

They will surely be posting another £1 balance sheet before the deadline. Whilst I wouldn't love the immediate impact on the club this would have, it would be great for the longer term. Let's hope they do get struck off. 

I'm not sure what it means for the deal but the club could save some face here doing a repeat of the acorns deal for the coming season. 

...fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bit of a mess this ain't it? If true.

This whole BK8 partnership...

Absolute non-story as far as I can tell. The strike off is due to being late filing. Imagine would get cleared up.

This company owning the trademark and appearing dormant at last accounts also looks like nothing to me.

There's plenty of other issues with being sponsored by this company without clutching at stuff like this.

Edited by tomsky_11
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Absolute non-story as far as I can tell. The strike off is due to being late filing. Imagine would get cleared up.

This company owning the trademark and appearing dormant at last accounts also looks like nothing to me.

There's plenty of other issues with being sponsored by this company without clutching at stuff like this.

The whole article is worth reading anyway, seems very well researched as you’d expect from the brilliant Philippe Auclair.

https://josimarfootball.com/2023/06/23/in-the-name-of-charity/

9 hours ago, villan-scott said:

What an excellent start…

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

What a mess. Hilarious yes. But we should have stayed well clear. 

What an absolute shambles and a shitshow this has increased to.

I said it weeks ago that this whole deal stank and a daft U-turn by that idiot Purslow to get another gambling sponsor on board. We should have indeed steered well clear - regardless what the deal was worth.

Hopefully there is a god and this deal gets terminated sooner rather than later.

Is this the same Foo Fighters tour that was due to come a couple years ago just delayed? Or is it a new one coming back to VP?

Either way, great to see the club making these concerts a regular thing now during the off-season. Can only be good for our commercial revenue

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Is this the same Foo Fighters tour that was due to come a couple years ago just delayed? Or is it a new one coming back to VP?

Either way, great to see the club making these concerts a regular thing now during the off-season. Can only be good for our commercial revenue

This'll be the new tour.

On 24/06/2023 at 07:36, CVByrne said:

People want to have a moan about how they don't like this sponsor and that's their right to have an issue. I look at Newcastle United owned by a government who assassinates journalists and beheads people and treats women as 2nd or 3rd class citizens who can't go anywhere on their own. UEFA was sponsored by Gazprom. 

In 3 years time we will have build a bigger brand of Aston Villa and can get a similar sponsorship deal from a non betting firm.

We’re in absolutely no position to be taking the moral high ground against, say, Newcastle here. They have no real say in who buys their club - whereas we actively negotiate sponsorship deals.

Bringing in a gambling partner on the eve of gambling sponsorship being banned is one thing (I’m personally against it, others don’t care), but bringing in such an unknown, clearly dodgy partner? It’s utterly shameful. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We’re in absolutely no position to be taking the moral high ground against, say, Newcastle here. They have no real say in who buys their club - whereas we actively negotiate sponsorship deals.

Bringing in a gambling partner on the eve of gambling sponsorship being banned is one thing (I’m personally against it, others don’t care), but bringing in such an unknown, clearly dodgy partner? It’s utterly shameful. 

The UK Government and our national laws decide what companies are legal and illegal. You can decide what companies you like or dislike. 

The Club have to do whats best for Aston Villa. Financial income from the news sponsors and the trade off of the negative press they get for a week or two. 

This deal is probably 8m per year more than other offers which is 24m the club have extra to spend on players. That's the important thing for me.

28 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The UK Government and our national laws decide what companies are legal and illegal. You can decide what companies you like or dislike. 

The Club have to do whats best for Aston Villa. Financial income from the news sponsors and the trade off of the negative press they get for a week or two. 

This deal is probably 8m per year more than other offers which is 24m the club have extra to spend on players. That's the important thing for me.

That’s fair - I’d much sooner have Acorns as a sponsor and lose out on the £24m entirely. A football club being more representative of the community/my values etc is far more important to me than gaining an extra couple of million, but I’ve long accepted that football is fairly shit these days. 

Don't want to create another thread but this is disappointing by the club. Johnathan Fear from Vital Villa

"

I find myself in a very strange situation.  I've not posted about it, because it really is a 1st world problem, and during a cost of living crisis and the fact so many can't afford food or heating, this isn't a priority!

But it appears, after 32 seasons in a row, my support is no longer wanted or valued.  I know plenty in the normal stands who have had to stop going, or are now seeing this as a major strain to afford as the prices have gone up so much.  There is no reward, as I have always tried to champion to CEO's and owners, both face to face and in Fan Consultation Group meetings, for loyalty and long term season ticket holders.  I know some fans who would literally go to the opening of an envelope for Villa, go up and down the country, but are not at all valued.

I got moved from my seat of 29 odd years, my community, but more importantly, (it wasn't the greatest sitting on the front row, when it rained, you got soaked) it fit my disability.  I couldn't move one row back, my legs (especially now as they are worse as is the rest of me) need a bit of space, and where I sat, I could put them up (on the railing) when they went numb (you lose all feeling in them at times with this disease, it is very uncomfortable)

There isn't the disabled facilities at Villa Park (a disgrace for many, many years) but also, just because I am disabled, doesn't mean I want to be forced to sit with all the same, that isn't diversity!

So as many know, I moved to the 82 Restaurant, corporate.  It was expensive, even though I was given a bit of grace price wise, but it meant I could get there earlier, have to be driven mostly these days, parked close enough, have a sit down, which is now crucial (can't stand around in the concourses like I used to) etc and so on.

First season it was under £5k, next season was £5k and the trap for me is you can't buy just one ticket, you have to have two.  Anywhere else at Villa, you get an in with the cost, FOC, season ticket for a carer/assistant.  But in corporate, you have to buy two.  So even if I wanted to, I couldn't go alone.  It would feel a bit daft sitting up there on my own, but I could afford that, just.

I offered, having seen the new prices, £6500 for the season.  They said no, it was £8000 + VAT.  Even if it was worth that, I couldn't afford that, and corporate, since Alison Plant departed, has gone from award winning, to highly average.

So, seems, despite me trying, I am now an armchair fan.

I can't help but think, when the bubble bursts with modern £00tball, clubs might miss the long standing dyed in the wool, football barmy fans.  Because the football tourists will all be gone.

Never thought I would see the day where £6500 would be refused, or that they would make me feel like I had put out my begging bowl.  the last attempt, a communication listing what I have done for the club free of charge, over the years, was totally ignored.  That, to a customer (if that is how they want to view us) is so rude and out of order.

UTV"

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't want to create another thread but this is disappointing by the club. Johnathan Fear from Vital Villa

"

I find myself in a very strange situation.  I've not posted about it, because it really is a 1st world problem, and during a cost of living crisis and the fact so many can't afford food or heating, this isn't a priority!

But it appears, after 32 seasons in a row, my support is no longer wanted or valued.  I know plenty in the normal stands who have had to stop going, or are now seeing this as a major strain to afford as the prices have gone up so much.  There is no reward, as I have always tried to champion to CEO's and owners, both face to face and in Fan Consultation Group meetings, for loyalty and long term season ticket holders.  I know some fans who would literally go to the opening of an envelope for Villa, go up and down the country, but are not at all valued.

I got moved from my seat of 29 odd years, my community, but more importantly, (it wasn't the greatest sitting on the front row, when it rained, you got soaked) it fit my disability.  I couldn't move one row back, my legs (especially now as they are worse as is the rest of me) need a bit of space, and where I sat, I could put them up (on the railing) when they went numb (you lose all feeling in them at times with this disease, it is very uncomfortable)

There isn't the disabled facilities at Villa Park (a disgrace for many, many years) but also, just because I am disabled, doesn't mean I want to be forced to sit with all the same, that isn't diversity!

So as many know, I moved to the 82 Restaurant, corporate.  It was expensive, even though I was given a bit of grace price wise, but it meant I could get there earlier, have to be driven mostly these days, parked close enough, have a sit down, which is now crucial (can't stand around in the concourses like I used to) etc and so on.

First season it was under £5k, next season was £5k and the trap for me is you can't buy just one ticket, you have to have two.  Anywhere else at Villa, you get an in with the cost, FOC, season ticket for a carer/assistant.  But in corporate, you have to buy two.  So even if I wanted to, I couldn't go alone.  It would feel a bit daft sitting up there on my own, but I could afford that, just.

I offered, having seen the new prices, £6500 for the season.  They said no, it was £8000 + VAT.  Even if it was worth that, I couldn't afford that, and corporate, since Alison Plant departed, has gone from award winning, to highly average.

So, seems, despite me trying, I am now an armchair fan.

I can't help but think, when the bubble bursts with modern £00tball, clubs might miss the long standing dyed in the wool, football barmy fans.  Because the football tourists will all be gone.

Never thought I would see the day where £6500 would be refused, or that they would make me feel like I had put out my begging bowl.  the last attempt, a communication listing what I have done for the club free of charge, over the years, was totally ignored.  That, to a customer (if that is how they want to view us) is so rude and out of order.

UTV"

Did not even know vital Villa was still going, hardly anyone ever posted on it

I think that Fear fella had a brain injury?

Edited by Follyfoot

On 27/06/2023 at 08:19, HalfTimePost said:

It’s a new tour, but looking at the date, is work on the new north stand going to start next summer with a concert scheduled right in the middle of the close season?

Â